PDA

View Full Version : Need help classing car for OTA

klue13
04-06-2017, 09:57 PM
Hello,

I've tried to go through the online schedule but I am a bit confused being a noob. Can anyone offer some help classing my car?

1992 celica GTS APPROX 2750 LBS, APPROX 250whp
Stock mr2 turbo 3sgte engine/gearbox w LSD swap
FMIC
coilovers
full 3 inch exhaust from turbo back (vibrant cat installed)
non factory intake (3" aluminum tube w cone filter)
rs3 tires
greddy EBC
later model OEM turbo charger (1994-1999 mr2 turbo)
battery in the trunk
ac delete

Thanks in advance

k.beaty
04-07-2017, 09:09 AM
Hey Luke,

Have you registered at http://ccdb.casc.on.ca/ ?

This is the car classification database. From here, you can select your car, and then select the modifications. There is an option to enter a swapped engine. It will ask you for the factory rated HP and torque. You probably won't have to worry about race weight unless the car has significant weight reduction. Once you've gone through and checked off all the modifications you've made, you can save your PIP schedule. This will tell you what class you're in. Once you're sure that this is how the car will be for competition, you can submit your schedule for approval.

Feel free to play around with different options in the database before submitting for approval! Please let me know if you have any other questions!

klue13
04-07-2017, 06:21 PM
kyle,
I worked out a schedule already just not sure if its accurate based on the wording on the website

I will go through your suggestion and update
thanks

wparsons
04-10-2017, 05:36 PM
Hello,

I've tried to go through the online schedule but I am a bit confused being a noob. Can anyone offer some help classing my car?

1992 celica GTS APPROX 2750 LBS, APPROX 250whp
Stock mr2 turbo 3sgte engine/gearbox w LSD swap
FMIC
coilovers
full 3 inch exhaust from turbo back (vibrant cat installed)
non factory intake (3" aluminum tube w cone filter)
rs3 tires
greddy EBC
later model OEM turbo charger (1994-1999 mr2 turbo)
battery in the trunk
ac delete

Thanks in advance

Just a couple notes to helpfully make things clearer.

1) The intake is "free" as long as the MAF housing, TB, and intake manifold are untouched (or not a MAF based system).
2) RS3's are "free", but you will have to note what tires in the comments field
3) Coilovers are two sections, 4 sPIPs for springs and 2 sPIPs for shocks.
4) AC delete has to be claimed.
5) Battery move has to be claimed.

What are you running for engine management? That'll help clarify some of the ePIPs (engine).

Someone on the CCC will have to weigh in on the forward part of the exhaust, not sure how to interpret it on a swapped car.

klue13
04-12-2017, 10:20 PM
Just a couple notes to helpfully make things clearer.

1) The intake is "free" as long as the MAF housing, TB, and intake manifold are untouched (or not a MAF based system).
2) RS3's are "free", but you will have to note what tires in the comments field
3) Coilovers are two sections, 4 sPIPs for springs and 2 sPIPs for shocks.
4) AC delete has to be claimed.
5) Battery move has to be claimed.

What are you running for engine management? That'll help clarify some of the ePIPs (engine).

Someone on the CCC will have to weigh in on the forward part of the exhaust, not sure how to interpret it on a swapped car.

Thanks for the heads up,

Its the stock computer from 1990 3sgte engine un modified