PDA

View Full Version : Bunch MORE QUESTIONS!!!

CDNMadeHondaGuy
04-13-2017, 09:02 PM
Alrighty then.......

First event is 6 weeks away and I have some questions being asked that I don't have any answer for, so here they are and hopefully someone is in the know!

1. Who does helmet/vehicle scrutineering? At one time it was up to the competitor that signed a sheet saying their vehicle was fit, and I'm being asked who does this now?

2. Who has helped out the clubs with regional registration, car classification, numbers, etc?

3. Where have we got the course Steward/Approver of the course from? Clubs? Or is it one of the regional competitors?

Working on the Motorsport Reg's thing!

Again, you're screwing up Director, the real NEW old guy...... Man And I thought I could do this but SO much has CHNAGED!!!

Bruce :eek::confused::D;)

Thanks in advance!

darcyw
04-13-2017, 10:13 PM
Alrighty then.......

First event is 6 weeks away and I have some questions being asked that I don't have any answer for, so here they are and hopefully someone is in the know!

1. Who does helmet/vehicle scrutineering? At one time it was up to the competitor that signed a sheet saying their vehicle was fit, and I'm being asked who does this now?

2. Who has helped out the clubs with regional registration, car classification, numbers, etc?

3. Where have we got the course Steward/Approver of the course from? Clubs? Or is it one of the regional competitors?
I believe the individual club designs/sets up the course and that's that.

Again, you're screwing up Director, the real NEW old guy...... Man And I thought I could do this but SO much has CHNAGED!!!

Thanks in advance!

darcy

Saj5DJ
04-14-2017, 10:47 AM
I'll set up the MSReg for Picton Bruce: Will need event details from St. Lac to do so: Entry fee, schedule, supp regs, any further info they want posted.

Zip that over to me and I'll post it up.

I'll volunteer as car classing contact also.

Lynam55
04-14-2017, 12:19 PM
Do we still have Travis as our main timing dude? Maybe we should comfirm?
I can help out with tech inspection if need be.

Saj5DJ
04-14-2017, 10:35 PM
Alrighty then.......

Thanks in advance!

1. Self cert forms here: http://www.asncanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/ASN_SoloSport_Tech_Self_Insp_Form.pdf

I usually had a bunch printed and a volunteer collected completed forms at grid and did a helmet check.

2. Usually Jonathan Kwok, but with everything via MSReg now it's a lot easier than it used to be.

3. There's a good core group to ask for help with this depending on who's there. Daniel & Arris (yay for 3rd party volunteering) are good folks for the task.

Don't worry Bruce, we're all here to help.

CDNMadeHondaGuy
04-18-2017, 11:53 AM
Thanks folks. I'm just getting asked a ton of questions to which I have no plausible answer for! I know the community was great when I ran in it so I had no real worries as you guys and gals are still all great. And I'm looking forward to the first official event.

St LAC did get stuff posted for motorsport regs, see the thread I just posted for Car Wars-Attack of the Cones! I'm not sure how to put a link on, so I just posted the long info and hopefully that will work.

Should be a fun year! We have events every month from May-September. Should all run smoothly.........:eek::confused:;):D

EricB
04-19-2017, 12:00 AM
Hi Everyone: Good that Bruce is seeking answers for the questions I am asking him as Organizer of St. LAC's Regional weekend.

Glad that Barry has responded with offers to help Bruce.

A question of my own is that does there not already exist a Regional MSReg for competitors that will yield driver name, car, car number and SCCA Class so that the timing crew can input that all ahead of the events? If so, that one should be used. I have been away from Regionals for two years but have used MSReg for some PCA/Lotus stuff in the US. Is not entry mandatory by MSReg only?

I think the timing crew as well as myself would like to have everyone sorted out first thing so we can have the entry list ready to go. Will need the two groups sorted out and lists made so we can have the marshaling check lists printed off also.

As to the entry fee structure, it really is $55 per event or $100 for both. Keep in mind that the air port rental has risen significantly. We are providing security over both nights so that cars and rigs can be left in the paddock area.

The club is having a meeting on Thursday and I should be sorting out that with the rest of the Executive as the St. LAC MSReg so far, is incorrect for entry fee and insufficient for the other details. If a Regional one exists, then the St. LAC one is only needed for our own club events.

I'll be starting to put out more info on the events in the next few days.

--Eric Brunner (Event Organizer & St. LAC Past President)

sjd
04-19-2017, 12:48 AM
We at TLMC set up MS Reg for our Regional events last year and plan to do that again this year so no worries about our events. :)

Cliff96
04-19-2017, 03:53 PM
A question of my own is that does there not already exist a Regional MSReg for competitors that will yield driver name, car, car number and SCCA Class so that the timing crew can input that all ahead of the events? If so, that one should be used. I have been away from Regionals for two years but have used MSReg for some PCA/Lotus stuff in the US. Is not entry mandatory by MSReg only?

I think the timing crew as well as myself would like to have everyone sorted out first thing so we can have the entry list ready to go. Will need the two groups sorted out and lists made so we can have the marshaling check lists printed off also.

The club is having a meeting on Thursday and I should be sorting out that with the rest of the Executive as the St. LAC MSReg so far, is incorrect for entry fee and insufficient for the other details. If a Regional one exists, then the St. LAC one is only needed for our own club events.

Hi Eric,

The regional msreg site (http://casc.motorsportreg.com/) has all of the competitor details already, and that's exactly how it was done ~2 years ago when I was last behind the screen, there's no reason to add any more manual process/data entry & validation at the event site - it's all easily done ahead of time sitting in a climate controlled and wind free room.

There would be late additions to the list for walk-in's (but these are easier to handle on site - and it worked well even having people register on the site, from the venue to keep things consistent.)

Agreed, the regional msreg should be used for the regional event - the class & other validation rules are all setup, once Bruce get the details (see Apr 14th post) to Barry (or me) the event can be setup and registration opened.

darcyw
04-19-2017, 06:31 PM
For helmets, WOSCA has a sticker system- once the helmet is checked, we apply a validation sticker to show that it's been checked and a competitor is good for the whole season.

darcy

sjd
04-19-2017, 07:38 PM
Agreed, the regional msreg should be used for the regional event - the class & other validation rules are all setup, once Bruce get the details (see Apr 14th post) to Barry (or me) the event can be setup and registration opened.

Hey Cliff, for TLMC last year we contacted MSReg (with the support of Barry and the regional timing crew) and they integrated things since TLMC started accepting payments online last year. Then at the event, we logged in and downloaded the registrant list right into the timing computer. This is what I meant above when I said TLMC will handle our events again. :)

Cliff96
04-20-2017, 11:50 AM
Hey Cliff, for TLMC last year we contacted MSReg (with the support of Barry and the regional timing crew) and they integrated things since TLMC started accepting payments online last year. Then at the event, we logged in and downloaded the registrant list right into the timing computer. This is what I meant above when I said TLMC will handle our events again. :)

That's great to hear, happy to hear msreg is making life even easier

Saj5DJ
04-20-2017, 05:10 PM
When you coming back racing Cliff??

Daniel
04-20-2017, 07:07 PM
When you coming back racing Cliff??

Yeah cliff! ^ what he said