PDA

View Full Version : New rules.

Doug P
05-03-2017, 09:29 AM
One week to go and rulebook reissued. Had a look at it and there does not seem to be any redline or markings to show what has changed.

Can someone give a brief on what areas have been changed?

DEK
05-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Check bulletin 2017 RR03 to see what just changed. When I look at the copy of the Race
Regulations dated May 2/2017 I see lots of RED which are all the things changed from the
2016 rules

Doug P
05-03-2017, 12:59 PM
I do see all the red Dave but that was all there in the 2017 original release. Usually a revision redline is just changed from the previous version.

Are you saying this release is just rolling in the descent bulletin?

Doug P
05-03-2017, 01:12 PM
DriverRestraintSystems Section 7.0 VALIDITY
Replace 7.1.1 with
Restraint systems meeting SFI standards shall bear a dated SFI spec label. The certification indicated by this label shall expire on Dec 31st of the 2nd year after the date indicated by the label.

I believe the previous requirement allowed 5 years.

Am I reading this correctly? 1 week before the first weekend manyvracers will find their belts are not valid? What about cars that have passed tech with older belts?

luker0
05-12-2017, 04:09 PM
DriverRestraintSystems Section 7.0 VALIDITY
Replace 7.1.1 with
Restraint systems meeting SFI standards shall bear a dated SFI spec label. The certification indicated by this label shall expire on Dec 31st of the 2nd year after the date indicated by the label.

I believe the previous requirement allowed 5 years.

Am I reading this correctly? 1 week before the first weekend manyvracers will find their belts are not valid? What about cars that have passed tech with older belts?
The 2 year requirement on SFI belts has been around for ages, at least in Solo 1 and Solosprint circles.