PDA

View Full Version : St. LAC Regionals Info

EricB
05-06-2017, 03:16 PM
Thought I would start a new thread to give you the latest information on St. LAC’s weekend for the first two Regional Championship Slaloms of the ’17 season.

In the spirit of those old movie musicals, we were able to get the Band together that ran the Picton events up until two years ago. With Sergio Bidinost back as course designer, I think you will enjoy his philosophy of fast and slow sections that flow well from one to another while always being intuitive.

As we used to do, the events are named after a couple of icons in the club. This year the first event is to honour Jack Luck who was a renown industrial designer based at the Alcan plant in Kingston who designed our Club Logo and later used the same scheme to design the CASC logo. On Sunday the event will recognize Ralph Frisken who was involved heavily in Canadian motor sport initially being a mechanic on the Comstock Ford Works Team which raced Shelby Mustangs, Cobras, King Cobras and GT40s as well as winning the Shell 4000 Trans Canada Rally twice in Lotus Cortinas. Went on to wrench for George Eaton and the McCaig brothers and then started the Marshaling Group at SMP and finished off as Manager of SMP.

There was some initial confusion as to whether to register on MotorsportsReg either via St. LAC’s link or the Region. The Region’s MSReg < http://casc.motorsportreg.com/ > is the one to use.

You must also print and fill out the ASN Canada FIA form “SoloSport Vehicle Self-Declaration” from the link < http://www.asncanada.com/wp-content/..._Insp_Form.pdf > and present this at the morning registration to verify that your car and its safety equipment (including helmet) are safe for competition during the weekend.

Hopefully everyone will have registered on MSReg so the timing crew will have all the drivers info, car classification and numbers already in the timing computer.

As mentioned previously, entry fee (to be paid at time of registration) is $55 per day or $100 for the weekend.

As in the past, all three runways will be used and the Sunday course will basically be a reverse of Saturday.

Security will be present over both Friday and Saturday so you can leave your rigs and equipment over night. Security will not start until 8 PM on Friday so please wait until then if you want to store your “stuff” from Friday onwards.

We have updated our club web site with all the information required (hopefully) at < www.stlac.ca >. To access the two topics of interest to you, click on the small square in the upper right hand corner containing three horizontal lines. The fifth and sixth items shown will be the ones to look at:
--#5 lists all the details of the event including directions as well as illustrations. First picture shows the route to get to registration in building #12, the second is a great overhead shot of the entire facility and the third is a sketch of the competition area.
--#6 has the Supplemental Rules that the club feels are unique to this site. Pls read them.

Prince Edward County starts to become very busy in May with many activities and getting a caterer to commit to us is quite difficult as they are all in high demand. We have fortunately secured Gator Fries which we have used during our “Band Days”. Therefore please support Amanda and her crew to make her two afternoons with us worthwhile.

Hope to see you all there.

--Eric Brunner (Organizer and St. LAC Past President)

schmoo-msm
05-16-2017, 03:56 PM
Will we get a sneak peak at the course design?

Thanks.

darcyw
05-16-2017, 07:28 PM
we booked a cabin at Four Winds nearby in Cherry Valley. Our usual place Log Point Cabins has had flooding and could not accommodate us.
just a heads up.

darcy

EricB
05-17-2017, 12:17 AM
Re course design: I know Sergio has some different sections he wants to try. Real problem of course is having to work around the weaker sections on the run ways which we will only really find out about when we are there.

I should be honest and say that every year, the ravages of winter pay a toll on the asphalt. So can't really give you any kind of idea of what the course will look like. Suffice to say, we really try to make it straight forward and minimize the number of cones to avoid that dreaded "sea of cones" effect that can really confuse.

We will have a quick drive through in the morning which I hope will help.,

--Eric

Saj5DJ
05-17-2017, 10:03 AM
... we really try to make it straight forward and minimize the number of cones

--Eric

Good to hear that's the plan and thought process. Trying to be 'cute' and trying to use every cone in the trailer no matter what is the death of good courses.

Lynam55
05-17-2017, 11:03 PM
Just Gonna send it!

buurin
05-19-2017, 11:27 PM
I don't have much RE71 left to last even one day at Picton! :eek: Both my usual shops (Steelcase & Simply) don't have them, with Steelcase telling me "not before June." I just registered for Sunday. Previous experiences tell me that at 2hrs drive a night stay prior is not needed. If I don't get those temporary rubber from my fellow TAC friend in time, I'll just run Sunday, dropping out as soon as I see cords like Howie did last year. :eek:

There are still sub-$80 accommodations between Belleville and Napanee for someone on a budget like I am.

Travis
05-22-2017, 05:26 PM
I'm looking for a place to pop a tent and shower. Anyone have a cottage I can camp at for Sat night?

I usually go to sandbanks, but my car is too loud this year.

EricB
05-23-2017, 10:17 AM
Travis, one of our club members, Vince Murray has camping and some cottages available that weekend in Cherry Valley at his farm, called Sunset Shores.

His phone # is (613) 476-4512 and address is 800 County Road 18.

He said he would be able to accommodate you.

Anyone else needing lodging, pls give him a call.

--Eric

buurin
05-26-2017, 06:42 PM
The self-tech form link is broken. :eek::mad:

Link here: http://www.asncanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/ASN_SoloSport_Tech_Self_Insp_Form.pdf

:cool: