PDA

View Full Version : Sprint race crash BEMC May 14/17

TerryF
05-24-2017, 06:03 PM
I was unfortunately involved in a race incident exiting turn 3 on the first lap of the race. The reason for my post is to thank all the marshals, volunteers and paramedical staff at the track for the attention I received whilst unconscious. I have no memory of anything between the bang of the impact and waking up being loaded into the ambulance. I received damaged ribs and a concussion, am healing slowly and painfully, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, both my car and myself can be fixed.
Also, I am thankful for the Hans device, which may have saved my life. I had a stiff neck but not a broken one. This was a hard side impact, which I think are the most dangerous and to be avoided when possible.
Drivers must be fully aware of what is going on around them at all times and be prepared to drive around a situation and not into it, or if possible 'nail' the brakes to reduce the impact.
Thank you again to all my 'unseen' rescuers, and if anyone has photos or video I would love to see them.

Director
05-24-2017, 06:14 PM
I was unfortunately involved in a race incident exiting turn 3 on the first lap of the race. The reason for my post is to thank all the marshals, volunteers and paramedical staff at the track for the attention I received whilst unconscious. I have no memory of anything between the bang of the impact and waking up being loaded into the ambulance. I received damaged ribs and a concussion, am healing slowly and painfully, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, both my car and myself can be fixed.
Also, I am thankful for the Hans device, which may have saved my life. I had a stiff neck but not a broken one. This was a hard side impact, which I think are the most dangerous and to be avoided when possible.
Drivers must be fully aware of what is going on around them at all times and be prepared to drive around a situation and not into it, or if possible 'nail' the brakes to reduce the impact.
Thank you again to all my 'unseen' rescuers, and if anyone has photos or video I would love to see them.

Glad you're ok Terry.

DavidSim
05-24-2017, 09:15 PM
>>Glad you're ok Terry.<<

Ditto.

Doug P
05-24-2017, 11:27 PM
Second time I had to drive around you on a red flag, lets make sure its the last!!

All the marshals and safety crew do an excellent job keeping us safe.

Glad it was not more serious Terry, looking forward to dinner soon.

racerguy19
05-25-2017, 11:26 AM
Very glad that you are on the mend Terry!

See you at the dinner.

Cheers,

Steve

TerryF
05-25-2017, 02:41 PM
Thanks guys for your responses, am still in pain but this time will pass.

RMarciello
05-25-2017, 05:26 PM
Glad you will be OK Terry!

DEK
05-26-2017, 02:58 PM
Terry, from looking at the BIG parts of your car that were bent or broken, I could
only imagine how hard the hit was. Glad you are recovering.

DAVE KING
CASC-OR Chief Scrutineer

Track Mom
05-27-2017, 07:57 AM
Glad to hear you are on the mend .