PDA

View Full Version : Regional PAX super classes

Travis
05-25-2017, 07:12 PM
Does anyone have insight into the appropriate super classes for the following classes?

CAM-* ->prepared/mod?
HCR ->prepared/mod?
HCS ->Street?

http://solotime.info/pax/rtp2017.html

Saj5DJ
05-25-2017, 11:11 PM
I've been sticking CAM into ST. Just because?

Do any HC cars that intend to run the series exist?

Old MG Driver
05-26-2017, 07:59 AM
My 1973 MGBGT with a Rover V8 swap (The factory built them) should be sorted out enough to run a bit later in the season. If I read the rules correctly it qualifies for HCS.

sjd
05-26-2017, 12:12 PM
I've been sticking CAM into ST. Just because?

I think SP or Prepared would be more appropriate than ST. But that's just my opnion.

Saj5DJ
05-26-2017, 01:23 PM
My thoughts weren't much more scientific than grouping like tires.

SM/SP would make sense though, really Murica SM on streets anyway.

I'll put them there for now pending input from Bruce.

Snizzoop
05-30-2017, 03:47 PM
Rick puts HCS in Street and HCR in Prepared. He also has CAM between SP and P.

As an aside...I always though of the progression of classes as:

Street
Street Touring
Street Prepared
Street Modified
Prepared
Modified

Recently though, I saw it as:

Street
Street Touring
Street Prepared
Prepared
Street Modified
Modified

When I saw that, I was like, "that actually makes sense." And then I just now thought, why do we have SP and SM grouped together? It should be SP/P and SM/M. If we did this, we could add CAM to the SP/P group. SSR should probably be in there too.

Thoughts?

Red5OH
06-08-2017, 05:45 PM
I think SP or Prepared would be more appropriate than ST. But that's just my opnion.

Agreed. They are more in-line with SP or Prepared.

Saj5DJ
06-09-2017, 11:15 AM
As an aside...I always though of the progression of classes as:

Street
Street Touring
Street Prepared
Street Modified
Prepared
Modified

Recently though, I saw it as:

Street
Street Touring
Street Prepared
Prepared
Street Modified
Modified

When I saw that, I was like, "that actually makes sense." And then I just now thought, why do we have SP and SM grouped together? It should be SP/P and SM/M. If we did this, we could add CAM to the SP/P group. SSR should probably be in there too.

Thoughts?

I think prepared shares more with mod than any any category you could choose. At their core, they're both stripped out racecars on non DOT tires that, if actually prepped to the rules, could never be street legal again. Within the ruleset both Prep & Mod note that there is no progression of allowances from S/ST/SP/SM and they stand completely alone. At least SM is SP + SM allowances.

SP/P and SM/M are just too disparate, in any case I'm not sure what problem the change would be trying to solve.

As far as CAM goes, it's pretty close to 'Murica SM on streets. Either group the cars together and put them with SP/SM or group the tires and put them with ST, both work. I would say SP/SM solution is probably better for us as we've no lack of entries in the ST category.

Snizzoop
06-09-2017, 12:46 PM
...in any case I'm not sure what problem the change would be trying to solve.

I want a trophy!

Saj5DJ
06-09-2017, 01:51 PM
I want a trophy!

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah104/barrygreenaway/IMG_20170609_124747_zps7tvud7q8.jpg