PDA

View Full Version : Nice '87 Reynard on race-cars.com

Steven Scala
11-14-2006, 01:25 PM
Nice car. Way fast, reduced price:

ad (http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/reynard/1159232681/1159232681ss.htm)

thgear
11-14-2006, 02:09 PM
can it seat 4? :cool:

Steven Scala
11-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Nope. No snow tires, either.

How much for a 4-seat car that does 1:24's at Mosport?

slucas
11-14-2006, 03:02 PM
and in another year it should be vintage eligible somewhere.

Steven Scala
11-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Ha. See that? Near the bottom of its value curve...

And some solo guys wonder what vintage racing does for the region. Go figure.

quickwilly
11-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Is it possible to convert a 2000 into a 1600, and if so what would it take, besides the engine of course?:cool: :D

jeffrey
11-14-2006, 03:23 PM
:confused:
I did'nt realize they used US currency in Halifax !

thgear
11-14-2006, 03:24 PM
maybe he is just trying to appeal to a greater market

i didnt even know they had roads in halifax!

my coworkers best friend is stationed there (or is it PEI) anyway he has a 2000 year ford focus with like 28000 km on it, LOL

Steven Scala
11-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Is it possible to convert a 2000 into a 1600, and if so what would it take, besides the engine of course?:cool: :D

Yup. Just a different front spider bracket (engine mount) to bolt in, really. Intake and exhaust are on different sides, so maybe some to do there, but bellhousing stuff's pretty much the same. Makes a great 1600 car. Similar one prepared by Ken Robbins won a Molson Indy support race in the late nineties.

Didn't notice the currency, tho. Assumed it was Canadian...

racer-025
11-15-2006, 07:10 AM
i didnt even know they had roads in halifax!

typical upper Canadian remark. :mad: I'm from Halifax. This guy also owns a real GT-40. Lots of toys.

quickwilly
11-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Yup. Just a different front spider bracket (engine mount) to bolt in, really. Intake and exhaust are on different sides, so maybe some to do there, but bellhousing stuff's pretty much the same. Makes a great 1600 car. Similar one prepared by Ken Robbins won a Molson Indy support race in the late nineties.

Didn't notice the currency, tho. Assumed it was Canadian...

I guess once you have gone through all the trouble of converting it after the purchase, you would have been just as well off to go and buy Nigel's Euroswift!:cool: :D

P.Po
11-15-2006, 09:45 AM
typical upper Canadian remark. :mad: I'm from Halifax. This guy also owns a real GT-40. Lots of toys.

OFF TOPIC

I was in Halifax this summer... been to almost every major Canadian city once in the last two years. I think Halifax might just be the best thing Canada has to offer! Great place!

How is that for an upper Canadian remark?

My mileage varies,
Patrick

Steve Moore
11-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Bruce, just consider the source of that comment, thgear.......enough said.

thgear
11-15-2006, 10:25 AM

hi, i'm serge and i'm from russia.

think of me as movie borat! i no insult, dont get angry! :D

Steven Scala
11-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Dzienkuje. High five...

racer-025
11-15-2006, 12:57 PM
OFF TOPIC

I was in Halifax this summer... been to almost every major Canadian city once in the last two years. I think Halifax might just be the best thing Canada has to offer! Great place!

How is that for an upper Canadian remark?

My mileage varies,
Patrick

Not typical, but thanks. We do like it here, especially with our own, club owned race track, just minutes away. Just wish it was a shorter drive to Mosport. ;) Many people out West really think the East ends at Quebec.

This guy that owns the FF also owns a lambo countach, ferrari mondial and testarossa, shelby cobra and gt-40. Unbelieveable, eh? He might have sold some of those though...

Eric H
11-16-2006, 09:04 AM
Not typical, but thanks. We do like it here, especially with our own, club owned race track, just minutes away. Just wish it was a shorter drive to Mosport. ;) Many people out West really think the East ends at Quebec.

Where is the track located? I'd love to come and see an event the next time we visit. My wife and I love the east coast and get out there whenever we can to see the great sights, eat lobster, and most of all to spend time with cultured and friendly people. If we could, we'd pick up the family and move out there in a heart beat!!

Carguy
11-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Where is the track located? I'd love to come and see an event the next time we visit. My wife and I love the east coast and get out there whenever we can to see the great sights, eat lobster, and most of all to spend time with cultured and friendly people. If we could, we'd pick up the family and move out there in a heart beat!!

Eric, all you need is one weekend at Mosport to cure your urge to move... ;) :D

racer-025
11-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Where is the track located? I'd love to come and see an event the next time we visit.

The track is located in Shubenacadie, NS (centered in the province). Visit www.atlanticmotorsportpark.com

We have 5 regional car events per year (1 per month). typically every year we will get visitors from the US and Ontario/Quebec that come to check out our track. Most are on vacation. Some will haul their race car along with them. We will accomondate any race car that wants to enter an event. GT1 to FF. Camp at the track or hotel. Street cars can enter Lapping events on Saturday ($50). Racing on Sunday ($225) includes unlimited practice on Saturday and 4 races on Sunday including 1 hour enduro. TONS of seat time and a very technical track. Not a big track (2.75kms).

Our big event of the year is the Parts Canada Super Bike Tour in August. Just picture a mini Woodstock and you'll know what I mean.