CASC Ontario Region Message Forums

CASC Ontario Region Message Forums (http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/index.php)
-   Autoslalom Specific Forum (http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Event 1 - Results posted - PMSC - Kawartha Downs, Peterborough (http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=27553)

Cliff96 05-12-2013 08:51 PM

Event 1 - Results posted - PMSC - Kawartha Downs, Peterborough

The Peterborough Motorsport Club hosted event 1 of the CASC-OR Autoslalom Championship Series today, Sunday May 12th at Kawartha Downs, just outside Peterborough.

Mother nature didn't want anyone to have the right tires today, and greeted the 39 competitors with a mix of sun, rain, snow, hail and wind over four official timed runs.

Travis T swept both the FTD (by over 1.8s) and PAX (by over 6 tenths) titles today in his street tired shod Subaru STI, congratulations.

We'll see you all in less then two weeks for the first double header in Picton for the 4th Annual Jack Luck Memorial Slalom and the 15th annual Judy Brunner Memorial Slalom Saturday - Sunday June 1st and 2nd. More info here, and the forum thread here.

The results can be found at: http://solo2.casc.on.ca/events/2013results.php. The Yokohama Street tire challenge results are TBD and will be posted prior to event 2.

If you notice any error's or omissions in the results/points please send me a pm.

Marsh 05-16-2013 09:28 PM

Re: Event 1 - Results posted - PMSC - Kawartha Downs, Peterborough

Wow! What tires was Val on? I know Barry's car is workin, so that's impressive in a stock miata. :eek:

Saj5DJ 05-16-2013 10:38 PM

Star specs won the day. Cold & wet is bad juju for RS3's, I honestly would have been better on winters. First time I've ever seen Ujjwal scared behind the wheel.

Not to discount great driving by Val.

TOYSRUS 05-17-2013 10:45 AM

Cliff, you have a PM:D

1337trix 05-17-2013 11:07 AM

i think Val is on bald RT-615k's

also... he ran the day before at PITL...so he wasnt rusty :)

twinch 05-17-2013 11:25 AM

Wow that is really impressive Val. Not to discredit Travis. I'll just say congrats to everyone from first to last.

Kuruma 05-17-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337trix (Post 220917)
i think Val is on bald RT-615k's

also... he ran the day before at PITL...so he wasnt rusty :)

Not very bald Star Specs this year, I think.

1337trix 05-17-2013 11:34 AM

he was complaining his tires were bald on saturday

Travis 05-17-2013 06:09 PM

Ya, I totally agree that my Dunlops won the day. The Z2's are supposed to be more than a second faster in the wet than the Z1 on a 60 sec course and they seem to handle cold weather at least as well.

AWD probably helped a little too.

I'll feel a lot less guilty about winning in the cold & wet once the RS3 sweeps the hot weather events.

Ziploc 05-17-2013 07:19 PM

Dunlop Z1s. Not quite bald. But nearing replacement time.

Is RTR going to be a thing this year? I think there's still some classing confusion.

sjd 05-17-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis (Post 220933)
I'll feel a lot less guilty about winning in the cold & wet once the Rivals sweep all the events.

Fixed that for you. :p

Ziploc 05-21-2013 12:02 AM

If anyone wants to see how I achieved my time. I enjoyed the course very much. Thanks again for hosting PMSC!

Also a recap of the weather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr3q1myNvG0

(Apparently I quack like a duck.)

TOYSRUS 05-21-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziploc (Post 220936)
Is RTR going to be a thing this year? I think there's still some classing confusion.

I was led to believe it was a real class. I asked Cliff to change my PAX factor accordingly. (Its currently listed as .975 which should be the adjustment factor to the SS PAX number)

I haven't heard back??

Snizzoop 05-21-2013 09:53 AM

A 2.5% street tire bonus!?!?! Someone from one of the RT classes should be able to take PAX this year!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOYSRUS (Post 221046)
I was led to believe it was a real class. I asked Cliff to change my PAX factor accordingly. (Its currently listed as .975 which should be the adjustment factor to the SS PAX number)

I haven't heard back??

.975 x .859 = .837525...so your PAX number should be .838 I guess. That would put you at fourth overall on PAX for the first event. Good job!

Cliff96 05-21-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOYSRUS (Post 221046)
I haven't heard back??

.. because I don't have an answer yet.

The timing gear is setup as per the SCCA national ruleset (unless I accidentally missed something). I know some regions down there are running supplemental and regional classes as part of their events, but I haven't been able to confirm if they are part of the classes we are running this year (unless I missed an announcement somewhere).