CASC Ontario Region Message Forums

CASC Ontario Region Message Forums (http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/index.php)
-   CASC Website Feedback (http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New Members Website Feedback (http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=33838)

ellswrth 01-04-2017 08:15 AM

New Members Website Feedback

Please put your questions or comments here and we'll respond here as well so everyone can reference it for help as needed.

Thanks!

angus macsac 01-04-2017 03:56 PM

Re: New Members Website Feedback

ok, so had a reasonably good experience today (01/04/2017) using the upgraded Members page on the CASC site. Was able to sign in with new procedure, successful reset password as directed and then renew my club membership and renew licence as well. Kudos to Scott Ellsworth and crew!

Doug P 01-04-2017 06:08 PM

All signed in and passwords set no problem.

Question. I understood from the race meeting that the CASC black pages and website was all being reworked also.

ellswrth 01-04-2017 06:22 PM

It's planned to do the www.casc.on.ca site, yes, but that will come after the members website is done and stable.

Ask again in March or April, that's when I'd guess you might see some changes there.

Doug P 01-04-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellswrth (Post 258706)
It's planned to do the www.casc.on.ca site, yes, but that will come after the members website is done and stable.

Ask again in March or April, that's when I'd guess you might see some changes there.

Oh, thanks. It sounded like everything was being done at once. No worries.

In that case I do not think the links to members section work on the site. That will be important to new members between now and new site.

robin 01-04-2017 09:30 PM

I am trying to log in using the username and password that I used last year and I get "Credentials do not match our records".

If I try to reset my password - again using the username I have stored in my pw locker from last year - nothing happens.

Can anyone help with that?
TIA
Robin Fleguel

Doug P 01-04-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robin (Post 258708)
I am trying to log in using the username and password that I used last year and I get "Credentials do not match our records".

If I try to reset my password - again using the username I have stored in my pw locker from last year - nothing happens.

Can anyone help with that?
TIA
Robin Fleguel

Did you not get a personal email with new username and link to set new password? Just follow directions in the email.

robin 01-04-2017 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug P (Post 258709)
Did you not get a personal email with new username and link to set new password? Just follow directions in the email.

No - that's the problem. The reset doesn't seem to work.

Robin

ellswrth 01-04-2017 10:39 PM

For all, a reminder

The old site used your email address as your login. This meant that people who shared an email address (and there are many more than you'd think) couldn't both have their email, but an email address was required, so people were making up all kinds of email addresses just to get registered - not their fault, but not good for communicating.

The new site uses a username for login, which can be anything you want but has to be unique (if there's another john.smith, you can't be john.smith as well but you can be john.q.smith, or king of the snowbanks, or whatever.

Except ... you MUST use the username we sent you in the personalized email to reset your password and get in the first time. Then you can change your username however you like - fill your boots.

Here's a short video of the password reset process.

Resetting Your Password

If you didn't get the personalized mail (check your junk folder please) then email me and I'll send you your user name as soon as I can.

And thanks for your patience and cooperation - this is short term pain for long term gain.

shamrock 01-07-2017 10:59 AM

This worked well for me Scott, thanks. Joining a club through this process is a great new addition. I noticed that MCO is not on that list though.

For renewing your licence, that also worked well but one still has to download documents and fill them out, specifically the waiver and the medical. Couldn't there be a way to upload them again so that all the documents get sent to Deb at once in one file?

I don't see also where it says " If you are renewing an existing licence and already have a photo on file you do not need to send a application and photo in". I may have missed it.

ellswrth 01-07-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamrock (Post 258743)
This worked well for me Scott, thanks. Joining a club through this process is a great new addition. I noticed that MCO is not on that list though.

Glad you found it worked OK. It's actually not a new process to let members of clubs join their clubs online. It's been available since 2005 although it's fair to say the old process was not as user-friendly.

MCO along with several other clubs are not on the list because they choose not to offer their members the choice of joining online through the CASC-OR site. It could be turned on at any time for any of those clubs as long as the club's membership fee structure can be handled by one of the various ways available through the site.

Quote:

For renewing your licence, that also worked well but one still has to download documents and fill them out, specifically the waiver and the medical. Couldn't there be a way to upload them again so that all the documents get sent to Deb at once in one file?

The annual waiver is a legal document integral to our insurance coverage. CASC-OR presented several ways of allowing someone to submit the waiver electronically last year, and as soon as one is approved as acceptable we will implement it.

The medical form carries personal information about the subject and as such must be secured with all possible precautions. We might be able to work through that in time, but there was an incident where a form was falsified (outside Ontario) so CASC-OR is advised at present that we must receive the original form signed by the physician.

Quote:

I don't see also where it says " If you are renewing an existing licence and already have a photo on file you do not need to send a application and photo in". I may have missed it.

You didn't miss it, it's not present anywhere. For several reasons we are asking everyone to provide a new photo.

First, appearances change and a new photo every few years is required as with your Ontario drivers licence. We thought the change of databases was a good time to do that.

Also, a significant number of people submitted images that were to put it nicely "unsuitable" in that they were enormously large files (2GB? really?) which sometimes weren't even the requisite head image ("I'm the third person from the left in the wedding party, can you crop my licence picture from there?").

You can now take your own picture using a smartphone and upload it directly from the device, or you can use any digital camera and then upload an image from your computer. There is code in the upload which will check the information in the file and rotate the image correctly, and will do some cropping automatically (but will not find your face in the wedding photo third from the left).

When one of our priorities is to attract a new generation of racers most of whom have grown up posting pictures to various forms of social media, we thought it would be a reasonable reqirement.

shamrock 01-08-2017 12:14 PM

all good to know, thanks.

Kcodekid 01-11-2017 08:06 PM

I did not get an email with new info.

Bryce Lee

ellswrth 01-11-2017 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kcodekid (Post 258795)
I did not get an email with new info.

Bryce Lee

You were set up with three different member accounts by club admins in the old system.

That's not supposed to have happened, but it was done with many people and was one of the reasons for rewriting the site.

In your case, the message was sent to the most recent account but using an e-mail address that had been entered in the old system with a typo in it - so no message.

We'll send you another e-mail in the next few days.

Kcodekid 01-12-2017 03:27 PM

Thanks Scott