View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 12:19 PM

Re: A possible way out of Axware? First thoughts on MJtiming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff96 View Post
Essentially we do the same thing, except with tomato instead of dd-wrt. We actually run/ran two sets of results; first using windows iis (with the axware html results) as the websever, and secondly (which I think is the only one we advertise now is the live results package from axtime (which parses the axware log file, and builds/serves/pushes the live results in it's own package). I haven't looked, but if the source is available for it, someone with some node.js skills should be able to adapt it to read the mj timing format. I just don't have the time right now to learn node and make the changes with all the other stuff on my to do list.
That makes thing easy in one way; you can just use my existing live scoring app (MJannounce) with your existing router/laptop setup.

Quote:
Not a problem, we run unique numbers across an event. A couple years ago we tried relaxing it, but it added confusion as people were used to calling only the car number without the class on a penalty, not fun when things got busy behind the screen with intermittent radio's at a big venue - so we stopped allowing it.
Yeah, unique numbers just makes everything easier.