View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 04:18 PM

Re: new here, wondering what are the most popular classes in CASC-OR

Welcome to the board, I have raced with CASC-OR for a few years now and it is great fun!

At the year end race workshop in November, the entries by class were published.

The powerpoint can be found at: http://www.casc.on.ca/sites/default/...n_workshop.pdf

As David said above, GT sprints (and Formula Libre) continue to be the larger entered classes. This is because of the fact that these are a catch all class for all closed wheel (GT Sprints) and open wheel cars (Libre) assuming they meet the safety requirements. GT challenge runs a similar ruleset to sprints but does require some additional planning and team effort as these are more of an endurance race style.

If you are not in a rush to race this year (you mentioned in the next couple of years you want to run) I would recommend coming out to some of the events this year and talk to us racers to find out some of the different things to be aware of. Everyone is super friendly and willing to share their experiences with you.

Things to keep in mind when you are doing your research is:

- how fast you want to go
- how much money you want to spend initially (i.e. car purchase)
- how much you want to spend on consumables per weekend

The general rule is, the faster cars cost more initially and on consumables per weekend.

If you have any questions, just ask away. I am sure everyone here is dying to talk motorsports over the cold winter.