View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 04:46 PM

Re: Rule Changes for 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Barker View Post
At this stage, the intent is to relax the requirement that only cars that have roll over protection can use a head and neck restraint. We are still working out the final requirements and rule wording for mounting of the shoulder straps for a 6 point harness.
Hey Dave!

So you're saying that OTA may allow the use of a harness bar and subsequently, harnesses, to allow the use of a HANS? And you're saying up to a full 6-point harness? (not just a 4-point?)

Having just recently watched this video segment (from approx. ~35 minutes into this video: https://youtu.be/h3jR08-GjQY) I'm more convinced of the benefits of a HANS (...that I gave much less consideration to before).

For someone who has ventured off-track a couple of times before (never "intentionally"!! ) I think that a HANS would be a wise investment into my own health/well-being!! That being said, I have NO intentions of putting a roll bar into my car anytime soon. It's primarily a street car, that may see occasional track use (like most track rats), therefore, a harness bar is much less intrusive, while allowing the use of a harness .