View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 08:19 AM

Re: Radical North American Masters - Road Atlanta - April 7-9

I only stayed for the endurance race and the first race Saturday but it was another excellent event!
The track is amazing - great flow..every corner is rewarding and there is lots of elevation.

The 7 hour race was great. Despite Dan Earle getting covered in oil from and exploding Boxster which set us back a lap early the driving was very rewarding. The track is demanding but it really flows well.

Antoine and I did one shift and Dan did two shifts including the 6:30 - 8pm sunset stint which must have been exhausting.

Of course the exploding Boxster stayed on the racing line in turn 11 - a very fast blind hill (a mix between turn 2 at Mosport and Turn 1 at Tremblant) - which made for some interesting observation from the start finish line. They didn't black flag for a while and half a dozen cars lost control in various ways.

The other team got lucky on a yellow flag pit stop and we ended up a few laps behind despite being on pace.

There were 48 cars with the average car being 20 laps behind the Radicals meaning each of us must have passed 500 cars plus per shift. Great practice for driving anything but the driving line.

The GT cars were great though - very alert and no major issues.

Lots of action in the Radical races and I will let others describe those. I will say that Team Canada did a great job with Tyson right on Antoines pace and Dan not far behind.

Everyone should try to make this track next year.

See you all at the Glen!

Greg