CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Divisions > Road Race Specific Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2008, 11:43 PM

Video - BEMC Sept. 14 - Mobil 1 GT Sprints #130

Sunday Morning

Sunday Afternoon

Well, not the way I had hoped to wrap up an otherwise great first season but here it is. As they say, the spin begins where talent ends. Thanks to Andrew for finding me in the paddock, and especially for nosing your car into the tire wall at the last minute. The contact between our cars was fairly light, and certainly much less than it could have been.

The car cut out in the afternoon race when the negative battery cable came off. This was a side-effect of our fix to a failed alternator in the enduro. We swapped batteries, but didn't realize that the negative post was too small for the cable clamp to get hold on when fully tightened. Thanks to everyone who made their way by safely as I coasted up the back straight. I had hoped to make it to the marshal stand on the inside of turn 8, but decided I wasn't going to make it and chose to stop while I had enough momentum to make over to the wall.

Jeff will be driving at Celebration next weekend and then the planning begins for next season. Thanks to everyone who make these events happen.