CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Divisions > Autoslalom Specific Forum

Old 05-30-2011, 05:48 PM

Re: Events 2 & 3 - Results now posted - SPDA, St.Lac, Picton

226/216 right? Isn't that the civic the one that lost the wheel?

Mike, day 2 was a little quicker course and you ran a 106 raw to finish 2nd even with a cone. I'd say the 110 on day 1 was completely in line with your driving & the car. Maybe the wheel was slowing you down during day 1 as it was getting loose before your car decided to turn itself into a tricycle on your last run. if you can't blame the gear then you need to find out why your times were so far apart... it may help you work on getting faster
Old 05-30-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewolf View Post
Wow! Tashko is fast in my car. If offered the right amount of money, I'll retard the timing to slow him down
na.... no need. he'll do it himself!

We actually had to talk him OUT of removing the wing. he was convinced it was slowing him down.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewolf View Post
Wow! Tashko is fast in my car. If offered the right amount of money, I'll retard the timing to slow him down
I'm sending you a cheque, fill in any amount.
Competition Yellow 2010 MX-5 STR #64
TLMC Autoslalom Co-Director
www.twinlakesmc.org
Old 05-30-2011, 06:42 PM

Thumbs up Re: Events 2 & 3 - Results now posted - SPDA, St.Lac, Picton

Great couple of days! Congratulations to everyone involved in making happen, including Joe and the regional crew, SPDA, and St. LAC!

I had an absolute blast, even better than 2010! This was my wife's 3rd and 4th events ever (1 and 2 were in 2009 in what was then a stock MSM). Despite some serious fatigue, I can report that she too had a ton of fun.

Hope to see you guys come up to Ste-Eustache for the 2010 Nationals Redux.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:17 PM

The longer the course the greater the difference between the fast and not so fast,Paul thats just showing off.

Seriously impressive for both you and Tashko,great job.Sad that I missed it....again.I request Picton be later in the season next year so I can have my crap together in time.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz73 View Post
226/216 right?
Mike, day 2 was a little quicker course and you ran a 106 raw to finish 2nd even with a cone. I'd say the 110 on day 1 was completely in line with your driving & the car.
I'd agree after taking a look at the days runs, and in the logs for day 1.

The logs show that no cars were re-numbered around both your (# 226) and your co-driver Tim's (# 216) runs. (If there was a mixup with the car numbers, I'd be able to see that the recorded run was originally assinged to one car number and later changed to a different number in the logs - not the case here).

Now on the second day I have in the first heat:
Tim, Mike, Tim running. In the second heat (and where the question comes up) I have no times for Tim, and only times for Mike - Tim/Mike can you confirm if this is correct?
Old 05-31-2011, 10:43 AM

So Sorry Guys.....
Everything makes sense now!!!!

Tim and I retired the civic after the morning on the second day. There were some noises coming from the rear end that just didn't seem right.
Dave in the GT4 allowed me to drive his car in the afternoon. I checked in with the timing guys to advise of the situation and they thought they could sort it out fairly easily. (i guess it wasn't) So my good times from day 2 were in the GT4 not the civic.
IMO to make things easier for those actually competing just delete me all together from the stats as I don't want to steal points away from those that will be able to make the 4 required events.
I may have had a miracle run in the POS civic but I doubt it

Again thanks to everyone for A) lifting the civic up and getting that wheel put back on and B) for another AMAZING Rumble at the strip. I cant wait for next year and a chance to run my Alltrac
Old 06-02-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locker View Post
Tim and I retired the civic after the morning on the second day. There were some noises coming from the rear end that just didn't seem right.
Dave in the GT4 allowed me to drive his car in the afternoon. they could sort it out fairly easily. (i guess it wasn't) So my good times fr I checked in with the timing guys to advise of the situation and they thoughtom day 2 were in the GT4 not the civic.
I remember having that conversation now, makes sense. I've updated the results to remove (well scored them as DNF's - so the times are still visible) your runs in the afternoon on day 2, so that we are following the letter of the rules. We'll still count the run you got in on the morning of day 2 in the civic.

Next year should be fun, I'll try and make/get an antenna to help out with the range to the paddock (i'd be nice to have the wireless results available there as well).

Cliff

Tags
autoslalom, picton, results, spda, st. lac