Summary of rule changes for 2012
The OSO met on Dec 8 to discuss various rule changes as suggested by the car classification committee and has agreed to the following for next year
1) new rule for white flag to be shown to a faster car catching a slower car in competition rather than a yellow flag as in the past. Yellow flags will still be used to indicate a dangerous condition on the track.
2) convertibles will gain 60lb in the DB to acknowlege the need for a rollbar but cannot take the neg PIP for a rollbar
3) new classification for miatas without LSD at 65% handling index
4) no fire extinguisher needed with rollbar.
5) Continental CTCC slicks will be allowed as premium R comps like GAC Hoosiers
6) For the upper classes will re instate Open Mod for non mass production vehicles and Mod 1, Mod 2 and Mod 3 to replace Mod, Prepared and Improved respectively with the same performance indices. Only Mod 1 and Open Mod require the safety requirements specified in the rule book ( i.e fire suits etc.)
7) no PIPs for sub frame connectors
8) BT Pax stays with the same pax factors
9) Street tire discount stays at neg 10 PIPs for 140 and up for 2012 season BUT will drop to neg 8 PIPS for 2013 for all street tires. No change suggested for regular R comps due to lack of data.
10 ) A number of cars will have their handling indices raised including almost all Mustangs and Camaros. Details to follow.
Mobil 1 Time-Attack # 4, CCC Member
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|November 12 workshop and rule change suggestions||bsclywilly||Time Attack Specific Forum||2||10-18-2011 01:24 PM|
|Spring Drivers Meeting||S.S.NITEMARE||Ice Race Specific Forum||92||03-02-2009 02:32 PM|
|Online Rule Book?||Marsh||Time Attack Specific Forum||3||05-05-2006 03:49 PM|
|CASC-OR Solo 2 Rule Book||tanney||Autoslalom Specific Forum||14||03-29-2005 10:55 AM|
|CASC-OR 2004 Solo 2 Rule Book - Final Draft||tanney||Autoslalom Specific Forum||12||02-26-2004 06:45 PM|