Event 5 Supplementary Regulations
Below are the supplementary regs for event #5 at TMP this Saturday
EVENT 5 Ė July 7, 2012
TORONTO MOTORSPORTS PARK
CAYUGA, ON, N0A 1E0 WWW.TORONTOMOTORSPORTSPARK.COM
SANCTIONING BODY; C.A.S.C. Ontario Region
ORGANIZING CLUBS; TAC
ORGANIZER; Rob McAuley
CHIEF CLERK; John Paczynski
CHIEF TIMER; Perry Rautanen
CHIEF REGISTRAR; Sergei Guschin
CHIEF SCRUTINEER; Derrick Cormier
SERVICE VEHICLE; Derrick Cormier
STEWARDS; Rob Hall, Carsten Gieschen, Albert Ribeiro
7:30 AM 8:30 AM Registration
8:40 AM 8:55 AM Driverís meeting #1. Novice meeting at 9:00am. Mandatory!
9:00 AM 12:00 PM Practice in 3 groups starting on the hour (GT1 and higher), 20 minutes after the hour (GT2 and lower). 40 minutes after the hour (Novice).
12:00 AM 12:40 PM Lunch
12:40 PM 12:50 PM Driverís meeting #2 (mandatory)
1:00 PM 5:00 PM Competition
5:00 PM Track closed
5:30 PM Driverís meeting #3 (Results)
SUPPLEMENTAL NOTES AND REGULATIONS
1) Driversí meetings are mandatory for all drivers.
2) Drivers are required to be registered, provide signed Vehicle Technical Self Declaration form to scrutineering (available at www.time-attack.ca).
3) Drivers/passengers must have the appropriate long sleeved shirts, long pants and socks (Rule 1.2.1).
4) Only people who have signed the track waiver and have a wrist band will be allowed in the paddock area. The paddock area will be separated by yellow caution tape.
5) Passengers 18 years or older will be allowed during lapping after signing a waiver.
6) All cars must be classified before registration is complete. You may classify your car online at www.macrocosm.on.ca/ccdb/. Each competitor shall present upon demand, by any race official or fellow competitor, a copy of their car's classification declaration on paper for inspection (including, if applicable, race weight and dyno declarations). Any competitor who is unable to provide such documentation shall be scored in Modified class at that event.
7) All cars are required to display the designated sponsor decals.
8) Novice competitor cars must display a triangle indicating novice status on the rear of the car. Novice competitors are encouraged to keep their coaching forms with them at all times to facilitate instructor sign-off.
9) Lunch schedule may be revised at any time. Changes will be announced at the track.
10) Signaled passing will be according to the OTA rulebook section 2.7. Designated passing Zones are between corner 1 and 2, 7 and 8, and on the front straight. The car being passed must signal the following car to pass and remain on the racing line, the passing car must move off line to pass.
11) To discourage competitors from cutting the curbing and dragging debris on to the track, pylons may be placed off the track surface. Competitors who tip or move the pylons will receive a four-wheels-off penalty.
12) If a competitor's car spins off the track, they are to stay off the track (or move further off the track to a safe location) and are not to return to the pavement until the end of their run group.
13) If a car becomes mechanically disabled, the driver should pull off the track to a safe area and not try to make it back to the pits until told to do so.
14) If a car is off the track in a safe place for whatever reason, the driver is deemed to be no longer competing and passing of this parked car by other competitors is allowed.
15) The governing regulations for this event are in the 2012 Ontario Time Attack Regulations rulebook.
16) Additional supplementary regulations may be instituted during the weekend. Such additions or amendments will be clearly stated at the morning drivers' meetings.
17) RFID tags will be provided, and must be placed as instructed. Lost RFID tags will have to be replaced at the driverís cost.
18) As this is a one-day event, no dinner will be provided. Concessions will be open through the day and evening.
19) When arriving at the track, identify yourself as being with Ontario Time Attack to avoid gate charges.
Also, if you purchased your RFID tag at one of the previous events, please remember to bring it with you
OTA #276, GT1
Re: Event 5 Supplementary Regulations
This is mainly the usual stuff, but...
Gates open at 7am. If you don't tell them you are with Ontario Time Attack, they will assume you are there for the Drag Races, and will charge admission.
As there is no Sunday event, we are not doing a barbecue (also, TMP could not provide a bbq). Food is available at the concession stands (and you should be able to get over to watch the drags for free - they will likely be running as we are trying to announce results).
BMW Club Racing
DMod #056 BMW 325is
Re: Event 5 Supplementary Regulations
Please remember to have your safety checklist filled out and presented at scrutineering.
You can print them out from this link.
Chief Scrutineer-Time Attack
SGT? C5 Corvette