CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Divisions > Autoslalom Specific Forum

Old 07-05-2013, 04:36 PM

Post Online registration for the series is now available

I'm pleased to announce that online registration is now active for Event 4 of the CASC-OR Autoslalom Championship Series.

Why are we moving to online registration for the series?
In short a lot of work needs to be done once on site. Data entry takes at least an hour, and while this is being done we can't test the timing system. At Picton, we also had an issue after all of the data entry was done it wouldn't save, we couldn't export or print it. So we had to do all of the data entry twice. By greatly reducing data entry (with the goal of eliminating it completely), the timing and registration crew can focus on getting the system setup and working correctly earlier in the day, and this will help ensure that the events run more smoothly and have a more consistent start time.

The Road Race division of CASC-OR has started to use MotorsportReg this season, and many clubs (including VCMC, SCCA, NASA, BMWCCA, PCA, and AudiClub) have been using it to manage their registrations for years. MotorsportReg has been designed by racers for racers, it's easy to use, and has excellent support for both drivers and organizers (by phone or email).

What are the benefits as competitors?
  • No cost to you
  • Less time waiting in line, you'll only need to pay and sign the waiver at the event
  • Events will have more consistent start times
  • Change your car/class/details up to and including the Friday before the event
  • Once used, car numbers are kept/reserved for the season
  • Data will be more accurate, no more misspelling (unless you type your name wrong)
  • No penalty if you register and are unable to make the event
  • All of the details for the event are kept in one place
  • You can see who is registered in your class once you are registered for the event

Organizer benefits
  • A final grid/heat list available to the organizer the day before the event
  • Less morning of data entry in the wind/rain/sun
  • The timing system can get setup earlier (and troubleshooting when necessary completed earlier)
  • Fewer delays
  • No data-entry data loss (like we had in Picton)

So how do I register?
  1. All CASC-OR events will be visible by visiting: http://casc.motorsportreg.com/
  2. Click register beside Event 4, then continue in the lower left corner.
  3. Login to your account (if you have used Motorsportreg before) or I am a new user to create an account.
  4. Fill out your profile and vehicle data (the form asks a lot of questions, Autoslalom only needs your Year, make, model, colour and number preferences - if you register for other types of events, they may want additional details)
  5. Complete the registration form, you'll receive an email confirmation of registration once complete
  6. If you are looking for events hosted by other clubs you can search using the events calendar https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/calendar or see all of the open CASC-OR events by visiting: http://casc.motorsportreg.com/

The remaining events will be available shortly, with more details added once they are received from the event organizers.

If you have any questions or feedback on the process, post a reply, or send me a pm if you would like to keep it confidential.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:51 PM

Re: Online registration for the series is now available

PITL - Car #102
CASC - Car #102
Old 07-05-2013, 11:08 PM

Fantastic!... pulls across all my info from SCCA and I didn't have to do anything other than select a few pull downs and was good to go (I use this to register for SCCA nats)

Awesome stuff!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:20 AM

Well, that was easy!!!!!

Thanks!
#111- 2017 Civic Type R, 2008 S2000 CR
Old 07-06-2013, 04:56 PM

if I am already series registered do I still have to register for each event? normally I just show up sign waiver pay and they check my number/name on the list.
thanks
Kris.
1992 Mazda Miata#75. see my album
Old 07-06-2013, 07:12 PM

Not everyone that registered for the series comes to every event so yes you still need to register for the ones you go to. That's what you are doing when you sign the forms and pay the money.

But what's better about this is that you would only need to sign the waiver (sneak in and sign it and leave - no lines).

It helps us big time because we know you are coming and have you in the computer before the day of the event - so if enough people do it then we eliminate the down time between when registration closes and we get first run off. That's when we would be manually entering all you guys in the system and printing a grid list.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:08 AM

Sweet.
If we sign up on-line what time do we have to be at the event to pay and sign the waver?
Old 07-08-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynam55 View Post
Sweet.
If we sign up on-line what time do we have to be at the event to pay and sign the waver?
WOSCA is running registration/payments/waivers from 830-930 (other events may be different), so if you're an early bird; 830 to as late as your are comfortable with.

Kris, yes please register for each event (once your car info in there it literally takes about 30s to do, honestly it's faster then ordering a pizza). The longer term intention is to eliminate all paperwork at the event.

I've had a couple of other questions;
  • Yes, the registration system is open to everyone coming to the event (regardless of series registration status), and we want everyone to use it!
  • the organizing clubs you can link directly to casc.motorsportreg.com, or I can setup a direct link to your event that can be added to your event flyer/website/etc - just send me an email/pm.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:16 PM

I'm sure glad I checked the WOSCA website to find the address details for Event#4 or I never would have discovered that I had to pre-registered for the event by the Friday prior.

I think it's a great idea to make things easier for the event organizers, but it would have been most helpful if CASC had taken a few moments and sent an email to all the series registered competitors and advised them that this new system was now in place. I thought that's why CASC requested my email address when I registered for the series ... to advise me of precedure changes in registration. Maybe it's me, but I expected this to be part of the series registration fee that I was required to pay.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
I'm sure glad I checked the WOSCA website to find the address details for Event#4 or I never would have discovered that I had to pre-registered for the event by the Friday prior.

I think it's a great idea to make things easier for the event organizers, but it would have been most helpful if CASC had taken a few moments and sent an email to all the series registered competitors and advised them that this new system was now in place. I thought that's why CASC requested my email address when I registered for the series ... to advise me of precedure changes in registration. Maybe it's me, but I expected this to be part of the series registration fee that I was required to pay.
An email blast would have been great, but I don't have access to the general CASC email list. It would be great marketing for people who don't regularly visit the forum. Yes, the move mid-season isn't ideal - but I'd rather have change in the middle of the year, then deal with the data issues we had at the Picton events again.

I posted up an announcement thread here, and also notes in the event details and event map thread, along with links in the results page and the solo2.casc.on.ca site detailing the move to online registration (it's not intended to be a secret), so I've announced it everywhere that I can and that I've thought of, if you have other suggestions please let me know and I'll put them forward to the people that can get them done.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:40 AM

Hey Cliff 96, thanks for all the details.

Keep doing what you're doing > anything that makes it easier and more streamline for organizers and volunteer administrators is a great thing. I sure wasn't trying to take anything away from any of these people's efforts or contributions.

I had assumed that CASC had an adminstration office that would provide such a marketing email blast to the Solo II side of the sport, especially to those who paid and completed a series registration form .... sorry I seem to be mistaken and I apoligize.

I'll do my part and spread the word to other occassional competitors about the new registration system.

Keep up the great work ... it's appreciated !!!

Tags
autoslalom, casc-or, registration, solo 2