CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Divisions > Time Attack Specific Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2014, 01:04 PM

Re: ===Definitive Frequently Asked Question Thread===

Let me start out by stating that the CCC does its best to maintain a level playing field. They log many hours of research, calculation and discussion and they don't make rule decisions lightly. Whether we like it or not there will be "casualties" after every whack-a-mole exercise. And yes you could consider it an honor to have you car whacked IF you're the one who drove it to that fate. The converse, well not such an honor.

In order to shed some light on the mole whacking effects to the CRX here are my 2014 classification calculations:
- My 1991 CRX 2013 Car Classification was T1 @ 58.7 Final PI
- At the same prep-level according to 2014 rules my CRX is in T1 @ 55.5 Final PI (starting PI of 52.9 + 1.5 Pips for whack-a-mole + 1.1 Pips fudge factor)
- I cannot make my CRX faster without a swap or forced induction so I would be forced to put the passenger seat and door panels back in to drop 1 Pip for a T2 classification @ 54.5 Final PI
- I think I could be competitive in T2 for a top 10 Overall finish and maybe if I'm lucky contend for an Overall win sometime during the season.

So despite the whacking to my CRX I still benefit from the new classification approach. Sadly, the CRX and I will most likely part ways next season since I plan to run in a Scion FRS.

Keep up the good work guys.
CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57

Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen