CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Marketplace > For Sale - Racer to Racer

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 06:06 PM

Post FS: 2003 Ford Mustang GT - $4000 OBO Bargain Track Car

After 6yrs of being my daily driver and competition machine, I have to let go. Got a job far far away and daily commutes would kill the wallet on gas and kill the Mustang with racking up boring highway miles. So, I'm looking to send her to a good home, where she can do what she was made to do!

Over the years, I've done all the little things to make this car happy on the track without taking too many PIPS, making it fairly competitive at Time Attack. This car has run in the 1:42 range at Mosport and in the right hands, can get into the 1:39s (as an identical yellow Mustang GT has done at OTA a few years ago).

The Details:
  • 2003 Ford Mustang GT, 5spd, 4.6 SOHC V8, 260hp, 302ft lb
  • 155,000kms, all original unless I've mentioned a replacement/upgrade
  • Mobil 1 Synthetic w/ Ford filters, done every 5k
  • Transmission Fluid changed @ Ford every 50k
  • RustCheck/Krown done for 5 of 6 years of ownership - no body/wheel well rust, typical undercarriage rust
The Good

Powertrain & Exhaust
  • K&N Cold Air Intake
  • Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
  • Steeda Clutch Quadrant and Adjuster Kit (cars were known to burn throw out bearings with the stock plastic quadrant and plastic auto-clutch-adjuster)
  • Magnaflow Straight-Through Catback (+500 sound horsepowers, definitely a lot lighter than the stock boxes)
  • Steeda Short Shifter (stiffer springs make shifts a little faster but mainly, keep you from missing them...black cue ball shift knob for manly feel)
  • Differential Clutch-pack replaced @ ~100k

Chassis & Suspension
  • Welded Subframe Connectors (square tube, welded with weight on wheels to maintain factory frame flex position)
  • Steeda Shock Tower Brace
  • Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates (capable of -2.5 camber)
  • Front Lower Control Arms replaced @ ~120k (bushings and lower ball joint included)
  • Stock Shocks Replaced ~@100k

Brakes & Wheels & Tires
  • Full 03-04 Cobra Brake Conversion (13" Fronts, 11.4" Rears)
  • Stainless Steel Lines for Fronts
  • Brembo Blanks up front (the cheaper chinese ones barely lasted 4 track days)
  • Hawk HP+ pads with ~70% Life
  • Keonig Villian 17x9 Wheels (21lbs ea, not quite RPF1s but better than stock!)
  • Hankook RS3s with a couple of track days left on them (255-40-17)
  • Spare Stock 17x8 5-Spoke Mustang Wheels w/ Hankook iPike Snows (225-55-17)

Interior
  • Corbeau Reclining Drivers Seat (with dual locking rails)
  • Trick behind-the-dash FM modulator with auxiliary input (incase you really need to hear Ted Nugent to go along with the american thunder soundtrack)
  • Did I mention the black cue ball shifter!?

The Bad
  • Check Engine Light - throwing a rear O2 sensor heater code that doesn't go away after sensor replacement (conundrum?!?)
  • Cigarette Lighter power outlets don't work

The Ugly
  • Scratched up front bumper (courtesy of tire wall kiss at my first Time Attack event in 2009)

With all that said, I'd say this car has a lot of life left on the track and has all the right stuff done to it for a solid foundation. As for the street, because of the 02 sensor, it's on a conditional emissions pass and would require work.

Pictures in this nifty article that was written about the car! Yep, you could own a minor celebrity! (more pics to come when I get a chance)

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...rd-mustang-gt/

So, if you're interested in getting on track and giving a good car a good home, give me a shout. I'll make $4000 a starting point, but all offers will be considered.
#74 - 2003 Ford Mustang GT
Old 09-16-2015, 10:24 AM

Re: FS: 2003 Ford Mustang GT - $4000 OBO Bargain Track Car

Nice price! GLWS
Old 10-01-2015, 10:14 PM

Ok folks, finally cleaned it up and got pics! Been out of town for the last few weeks.

I've got myself a commuter special and don't want this car to sit in the garage, so I need this baby gone!

#74 - 2003 Ford Mustang GT
Old 10-02-2015, 12:17 AM

Great guy! Great car!
Frank - OTA #259 retired. I'm in BC now!
Old 10-02-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmaan View Post
After 6yrs of being my daily driver and competition machine, I have to let go. Got a job far far away and daily commutes would kill the wallet on gas and kill the Mustang with racking up boring highway miles. So, I'm looking to send her to a good home, where she can do what she was made to do!

Over the years, I've done all the little things to make this car happy on the track without taking too many PIPS, making it fairly competitive at Time Attack. This car has run in the 1:42 range at Mosport and in the right hands, can get into the 1:39s (as an identical yellow Mustang GT has done at OTA a few years ago).

The Details:
  • 2003 Ford Mustang GT, 5spd, 4.6 SOHC V8, 260hp, 302ft lb
  • 155,000kms, all original unless I've mentioned a replacement/upgrade
  • Mobil 1 Synthetic w/ Ford filters, done every 5k
  • Transmission Fluid changed @ Ford every 50k
  • RustCheck/Krown done for 5 of 6 years of ownership - no body/wheel well rust, typical undercarriage rust
The Good

Powertrain & Exhaust
  • K&N Cold Air Intake
  • Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
  • Steeda Clutch Quadrant and Adjuster Kit (cars were known to burn throw out bearings with the stock plastic quadrant and plastic auto-clutch-adjuster)
  • Magnaflow Straight-Through Catback (+500 sound horsepowers, definitely a lot lighter than the stock boxes)
  • Steeda Short Shifter (stiffer springs make shifts a little faster but mainly, keep you from missing them...black cue ball shift knob for manly feel)
  • Differential Clutch-pack replaced @ ~100k

Chassis & Suspension
  • Welded Subframe Connectors (square tube, welded with weight on wheels to maintain factory frame flex position)
  • Steeda Shock Tower Brace
  • Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates (capable of -2.5 camber)
  • Front Lower Control Arms replaced @ ~120k (bushings and lower ball joint included)
  • Stock Shocks Replaced ~@100k

Brakes & Wheels & Tires
  • Full 03-04 Cobra Brake Conversion (13" Fronts, 11.4" Rears)
  • Stainless Steel Lines for Fronts
  • Brembo Blanks up front (the cheaper chinese ones barely lasted 4 track days)
  • Hawk HP+ pads with ~70% Life
  • Keonig Villian 17x9 Wheels (21lbs ea, not quite RPF1s but better than stock!)
  • Hankook RS3s with a couple of track days left on them (255-40-17)
  • Spare Stock 17x8 5-Spoke Mustang Wheels w/ Hankook iPike Snows (225-55-17)

Interior
  • Corbeau Reclining Drivers Seat (with dual locking rails)
  • Trick behind-the-dash FM modulator with auxiliary input (incase you really need to hear Ted Nugent to go along with the american thunder soundtrack)
  • Did I mention the black cue ball shifter!?

The Bad
  • Check Engine Light - throwing a rear O2 sensor heater code that doesn't go away after sensor replacement (conundrum?!?)
  • Cigarette Lighter power outlets don't work

The Ugly
  • Scratched up front bumper (courtesy of tire wall kiss at my first Time Attack event in 2009)

With all that said, I'd say this car has a lot of life left on the track and has all the right stuff done to it for a solid foundation. As for the street, because of the 02 sensor, it's on a conditional emissions pass and would require work.

Pictures in this nifty article that was written about the car! Yep, you could own a minor celebrity! (more pics to come when I get a chance)

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...rd-mustang-gt/

So, if you're interested in getting on track and giving a good car a good home, give me a shout. I'll make $4000 a starting point, but all offers will be considered.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:59 PM

Call me about when I can look at it tomorrow 289 878 5765 .I will be out tonight from 6:40 to 7:45
Closed Thread

Tags
for sale, mustang, ota, time attack, track car