CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Divisions > Time Attack Specific Forum

Old 03-13-2018, 07:08 PM

Multiple Vehicles

Can you swap between vehicles throughout the season or if you start with 1 you must end on the same vehicle?
Old 03-14-2018, 03:35 PM

Re: Multiple Vehicles

You can switch between vehicles throughout the season but you will need to make sure that the registration is updated each time a switch is made so timing and scoring can keep track of what was used each time.

Final standing scoring will be based on your relative performance in each class if I am not mistaken.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:46 PM

You score points at each event based on your vehicle's Performance Index (PI) and your times at the event. These points are used toward the overall championship for the year.

However, vehicles are also divided into classes based on PI, and there are championships for each class. So, if you drive vehicles from different classes, your points from each event will be split between the classes.

If you just want to come out and compete at each event, none of this matters. However, you do have to get any vehicle you use classed prior to any event.

btw Google says that today is PI day!

Last edited by kmorris; 03-14-2018 at 03:46 PM. Reason: general silliness
Old 03-14-2018, 04:22 PM

Hi, I'm the series registrar.

You can run different cars in every event of different versions of the same car (with different mods for example) but you must have each car or version pre classed before the event and must have the exact car listed in motorsortreg (MSR) before the event. Failure to be up to date can cause problems during the event.

If you are protested for running a car configuration that is different than you have declared or has been approved there are penalties that will be assessed. That said we have very few protests but try hard to make sure that the rules are correctly applied so that the competition is fair for all.

It is possible to go into your entry in motorsportreg and change the car or class at any time prior to the Friday before the event. That's when we download the MSR data into our timing system to prepare for the event.

Hope you will use all of your cars in the coming season, the more the better.
GT2 Mazda RX-8 #52
2018 OTA Registrar
Old 03-14-2018, 06:12 PM

Thank you for the information. The plan is to only run 1 car, but in the event of a break down or ... I would run a different vehicle. This will be my first year running a car, so seat time is the main priority.

Last edited by johnny5; 03-14-2018 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny5 View Post
Thank you for the information. The plan is to only run 1 car, but in the event of a break down or ... I would run a different vehicle. This will be my first year running a car, so seat time is the main priority.
Very wise strategy. Please get registered on www.motorsportreg.com

See you at the open house.
GT2 Mazda RX-8 #52
2018 OTA Registrar
Old 03-15-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny5 View Post
If your substitute car is an equal or lower class, it helps because you can still compete for points in the same class. Competitors generally won't protest you using a lesser prepped car and claiming higher PI because your main car broke. Our competitors are understanding mensch.

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
OTA: SGT1 ! -=- CSCS: SSA #842