CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Divisions > Time Attack Specific Forum

Old 08-16-2018, 12:54 PM

Looking forward to coming back next season!

Not to many of you will know or remember me, but I competed in GT4 last year with my Inazuma BRZ. I had to sell my car for something a little more practical, but I'm looking to pick something up over the winter and join you all know the 2019 season.

Now for the car, I've been looking at either an RX8 or FC RX7. I know the answer is always Miata, but I'm not interested in a convertible.

Which would you pick of the two and why? Budget of around $5,000.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:07 PM

Re: Looking forward to coming back next season!

Hey Jake.

I'm going to guess based on the two choices you want to stick with RWD .

I would honestly sit down and right out a full list of pros and cons for each car. and the costs of each. for both purchase and any upgrades you may need to do to each in order to make it track worthy and reliable.

Your BRZ was pretty much ready to run out of the box ... older cars are a little more involved before they hit the grid.

is your $5,000 budget including preping the car for the track or is that strictly for purchase only.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth059 View Post
Not to many of you will know or remember me, but I competed in GT4 last year with my Inazuma BRZ. I had to sell my car for something a little more practical, but I'm looking to pick something up over the winter and join you all know the 2019 season.

Now for the car, I've been looking at either an RX8 or FC RX7. I know the answer is always Miata, but I'm not interested in a convertible.

Which would you pick of the two and why? Budget of around $5,000.
Having run RX ... engines in the past on the track I would recommend that something more conventional will be easier to keep running, keep cool and be competitive with.
Miatas are an answer but all wheel drive Subaru maybe a fit? Older BMWs or a cheap vette.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowcritical View Post
Having run RX ... engines in the past on the track I would recommend that something more conventional will be easier to keep running, keep cool and be competitive with.
Miatas are an answer but all wheel drive Subaru maybe a fit? Older BMWs or a cheap vette.
Aren't too many C4's that are in the budget, BMW is a good option, I'm just not a huge fan of how they look. The car will be track/autocross specific so I'm not too worried about day to day reliability.

I've had some Subaru's before and whileni enjoy them I'm looking for something a little better handling out of the box.