CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Divisions > Time Attack Specific Forum

Old 02-15-2019, 11:59 AM

Re: Convertible roll bars question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarVolvo View Post
For those of you with NC's requiring roll over protection, you should have a conversation with Perry who was our past chief timer. He figured out retrofit for the car.
Interesting! No OTA plans for this for one in forseeable future. But I think it'd be pretty good...

Citizen Cone Dodger
Old 02-15-2019, 05:12 PM

I had the hard dog m2 dbl diagonal in my NB, did a few lapping days with it, I know it was SCCA and NASA legal which is why i drove down to Bethania and had them install it. Absolutely awesome drive to their location in North Carolina

I'd like to track the ND as well. The hard dog bar for the ND is legal for NASA as long as it has diagonals, EDIT: Bethania's site now does say:

"Meets NASA HPDE and SCCA Solo and Time Trials requirements when equipped with diagonal braces"

Last edited by MartynD; 02-15-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:32 PM

Another question, completely unrelated to the thread topic, but I don't want to clutter up the forum with my queries

On the technical self declaration, one of the last notes is:"Body is solid without rust perforation"

There's fortunately no rust on my car, but there is a 1.5" round hole that I made in the floor pan with a floor jack and some stupidity. I've filled it up so it doesn't rust or leak water or any other nonsense, but I haven't put in a metal patch.

Is this going to cause a problem on technical? Getting it fixed isn't out of the question, but I can't weld myself and I'd rather spend the money on some nice new brake rotors
Old 02-18-2019, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatCamden View Post
Another question, completely unrelated to the thread topic, but I don't want to clutter up the forum with my queries

On the technical self declaration, one of the last notes is:"Body is solid without rust perforation"

There's fortunately no rust on my car, but there is a 1.5" round hole that I made in the floor pan with a floor jack and some stupidity. I've filled it up so it doesn't rust or leak water or any other nonsense, but I haven't put in a metal patch.

Is this going to cause a problem on technical? Getting it fixed isn't out of the question, but I can't weld myself and I'd rather spend the money on some nice new brake rotors
That should be fine. I had to slice through my wheel well to install my roll bar. As long as you've taken measures to protect the metal and prevent rust, you should be fine.
GT3 / STR / C-Stock Plus Honda S2000 #111
2019 OTA Chief Timer