CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Divisions > Road Race Specific Forum

Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM

Re: Get more racers on track

- Offer temp/novice/reduced license and medical requirements

From Scotchs list this is the only item that I strongly disagree with I think we have all seen some very scary things from some new drivers when the licencing is lax .I would also like to bring up a mentoring program which I think would be a very good way to limit the stress and confusion of a drivers first weekend and I would say that we could even offer it for the first season I personaly would be very happy to mentor any new drivers
Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcodekid View Post
- Offer temp/novice/reduced license and medical requirements

From Scotchs list this is the only item that I strongly disagree with I think we have all seen some very scary things from some new drivers when the licencing is lax .I would also like to bring up a mentoring program which I think would be a very good way to limit the stress and confusion of a drivers first weekend and I would say that we could even offer it for the first season I personaly would be very happy to mentor any new drivers
I definitely see your concerns, however, I have seen my share of atrocious driving and blindness from many "experienced" drivers who should know better. Maybe we should do it like MTO and require a school and re-test every few years, lol

I think, believe it or not, that point is one of the biggest hurtles for new drivers coming into the series … Maybe it's just the lack of cohesive information, or a novice bundle available, but people I spoke to simply throw up their hands and give up because of the perceived burocracy involved.
8legs Racing, SPC #77
http://www.8legsRacing.com
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM

I AM THE STIG! Lol, don't fret people I will expose my true identity, but not on the forum. I will be at a meeting and or at the track and stand up and say" I'm Pita". I'm not hiding behind a keyboard and I have never been afraid of a good face to face debate, but I believe at this point to continue this great forum I will remain a " troll" sorry I meant anonymous.

People do not usually like to stand up and be heard for the simple reason that they don't want their peers to think of them as weak or actually have an opinion that maybe different then their friends. For this I believe that is why we have so few replies based on the number of viewers, so if you want to reply without retribution from your friends then simply sign up under a fake name and send in your 2 cents.

P.s don't think that Ray and other board members are not reading this forum, believe me they are!
Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM

Get more racers on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.i.t.a View Post
I AM THE STIG! Lol, don't fret people I will expose my true identity, but not on the forum. I will be at a meeting and or at the track and stand up and say" I'm Pita". I'm not hiding behind a keyboard and I have never been afraid of a good face to face debate, but I believe at this point to continue this great forum I will remain a " troll" sorry I meant anonymous.

People do not usually like to stand up and be heard for the simple reason that they don't want their peers to think of them as weak or actually have an opinion that maybe different then their friends. For this I believe that is why we have so few replies based on the number of viewers, so if you want to reply without retribution from your friends then simply sign up under a fake name and send in your 2 cents.

P.s don't think that Ray and other board members are not reading this forum, believe me they are!

"I believe at this point to continue this great forum I will remain a " troll" sorry I meant anonymous."

So - here is exactly the problem as described. It looks like this forum thread is being drawn out for its entertainment value, not to arrive at a point where a presentation to the CASC Race Director can be made that includes names and specific points of concern that he can deal with and provide answers for.

Nobody in any position of authority is going to react to points raised anonymously on a forum and you are very much kidding yourself(yourselves) if you think that they ever would.

Show some leadership and take what has been obviously been something of passionate interest that has generated over 6100 views and do something with it. If not, then all of this discussion and feedback has been a complete and total waste of time.

Terry Dale
CASC Club member since 1963
Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrydale View Post
"I believe at this point to continue this great forum I will remain a " troll" sorry I meant anonymous."

So - here is exactly the problem as described. It looks like this forum thread is being drawn out for its entertainment value, not to arrive at a point where a presentation to the CASC Race Director can be made that includes names and specific points of concern that he can deal with and provide answers for.

Nobody in any position of authority is going to react to points raised anonymously on a forum and you are very much kidding yourself(yourselves) if you think that they ever would.

Show some leadership and take what has been obviously been something of passionate interest that has generated over 6100 views and do something with it. If not, then all of this discussion and feedback has been a complete and total waste of time.

Terry Dale
CASC Club member since 1963
Terry. You are being far to kind in your remarks. I have held off posting since about his 4th comment.

I guess that comes from your many years of experience with people like this. We can all learn something from you for sure.

6000 views is not 6000 people.

At least it seems like there was common opinion that racing is expensive. If you don’t have the money then this is not for you, yet. The fixed costs of a CASC weekend have been presented many times. Break even driver count for a weekend at Mosport is 120. The only way that gets cheaper for any of us is to have a major sponsor that brings money to the table and sadly that is not realistic for club racing.

Pro Tour Truck

Doug
Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Not everyone has the time to read through these comments every day.

It has already been said - pick up a phone and call, or use the email address and send a note.
President, Ottawa SportsCar Club
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM

Quote:

So what you are saying is you are afraid your peers think of you as weak and would call you out on that? It sounds right to me.

I doubt you will ever say who you are. Will you be at the race meeting next week?

And yes, the board members see these posts but do not engage as many of the comments are not worth responding to.

By the way if there have been 30 participants in this thread of 150 plus posts and we each get notified and view again that accounts for the majority of the views. Not rocket science there.

Who knows how to mark a thread to unfollow?

Pro Tour Truck

Doug
Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM

Yes I will and had planned on summarizing all of the input recieved and present it as a business plan to Ray and CASC officials. This takes time and should not be taken lightly, so for all of you that thought I was just trying to stir up shit you are wrong.

I could of just went to Ray and said " here are MY ideas and I don't care about anyone else", or be that guy at a club meeting saying "we have always done it this way" and the remaining 20 members agree with him!

So, I will give it about another week to see if we get more great suggestions then I will present it to Ray IN PERSON. Oh sorry not to leave anyone out, the people that have posted negative and or personal remarks please continue to do so because we all need a little reading material to brighten our day, lol.
Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM

Wow Doug why so much hostility, are you that driver that gets " the red mist" on the track if things don't go your way. Don't worry when you have the pleasure of meeting me you will realize exactly what I stand for and that fear is not a word used to describe me.

Oh and by the way how to stop reading something is to stop looking at it, that's pretty sad that someone had to explain that to you!
Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Wow Doug why so much hostility, are you that driver that gets " the red mist" on the track if things don't go your way. Don't worry when you have the pleasure of meeting me you will realize exactly what I stand for and that fear is not a word used to describe me.

Oh and by the way how to stop reading something is to stop looking at it, that's pretty sad that someone had to explain that to you!
Your reply tells us everything when you think my comments were in any way hostile. Lmao. Your like a Trump twitter feed.

You never said if you were planning to attend the race meeting next week.

And don’t flatter yourself. I am looking for others posters comments.

Pro Tour Truck

Doug
Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM

PITA has been such a donkey I think I will skip the meeting so I don't have to breath the same air. See the effect you are having?
Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM

I could of just went to Ray and said " here are MY ideas and I don't care about anyone else"
That says so much... as to the comment in quotes; why wouldn't you? All the serious guys do. Ray's a great guy and loves talking racing ( and some handsome too as you know). He's easy to get hold of. Tell ya what, I'll email him and tell him to look for your missive. No need to be formal, just "jot" down your ideas and send them off to him.
Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM

I'm guessing most of the 6000 views are just looking for the train wreck to start. Is this the start now? Hope not
Old Today, 09:46 AM

Get more racers on track

My last post on this thread and then I'm moving on.

Full disclosure - I have concerns and frustrations with racing-related issues in the motorsports world that we share. My roots include 25 years in regional racing (1967-1992) as a driver, and also include time as a race official and event organizer to this day.

When dealing with those issues, it is critical that those who are in positions to make decisions to change whatever the concern of the moment is, are included in the discussion one on one straight up and not anonymously in a forum posting.

Any racer reading this with concerns about regional racing has, as a CASC-OR member, every right - even the responsibility - to reach out by email to Ray Arlauskas the CASC-0R Race Director at <racedirector@casc.on.ca> and tell him what the issue is. Ray is a racer and, as our elected volunteer representative for regional racing, he has a responsibility to respond.

At the same time, be prepared to offer solutions to the issues and also, do some preparation by getting support by like-thinking fellow racers to give weight to your concerns.

Then finally, be prepared to actually support the final decision - the ultimate proof is by showing up at a race track and entering.

Over - and out.