CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Divisions > Time Attack Specific Forum

Old 11-06-2017, 11:03 PM

Re: My first season with OTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
I daily drove project mu club racers before, and G-Loc R10's this past summer. They're not quiet, but they're not terrible either.
G-Lolc R-16's are cement mixer about to crash into a dump truck loud. But they work quite well!

I've had no luck getting recently produced PF11's to set up right even on fresh rotors, so they've been stupid expensive for no real benefit. The G-Loc's have been a great deal with their longevity and lower price. Www.ewaldperformance.com Frank has great group buy pricing in the spring.

Stephen, SPDA VP, OTA Director, CCC Member
OTA: MOD? -=- CSCS: SSA #842
Old 11-21-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth059 View Post
For those (pretty much all of you) that don't know me, I'm Jake and I "competed" in the GT4 class in my 2017 Subaru BRZ (the bright yellow one). The competed is in quotations, because while I raced and made lap times. I think I placed above last once in the 5 events that I attended.
Which is perfect.
Thanks for writing this up! I've been wanting to get into tracking my car as well, and have done a couple of autocrosses. Until just recently though, I had to daily the car, but I'm now in a position that we have 2 daily cars, and so my 2008 Mazdaspeed3 is going to get relegated to some track days.

Definitely going to be keeping an eye out for instruction, and see about getting out next year for a few weekends. Definitely looks like a lot of fun! For now, I've just been working on getting consistent lap times in iRacing.

Leif!
Old 11-21-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
G-Lolc R-16's are cement mixer about to crash into a dump truck loud. But they work quite well!

I've had no luck getting recently produced PF11's to set up right even on fresh rotors, so they've been stupid expensive for no real benefit. The G-Loc's have been a great deal with their longevity and lower price. Www.ewaldperformance.com Frank has great group buy pricing in the spring.
I ran Carbotech XP10s the year before I did OTA and yeah, while they aren't quiet, they're not that loud (to me) either.

Either way, #racecarnoises.

I'm too damn lazy to swap out pads on the track I will openly admit that one.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leifmadsen View Post
Thanks for writing this up! I've been wanting to get into tracking my car as well, and have done a couple of autocrosses. Until just recently though, I had to daily the car, but I'm now in a position that we have 2 daily cars, and so my 2008 Mazdaspeed3 is going to get relegated to some track days.

Definitely going to be keeping an eye out for instruction, and see about getting out next year for a few weekends. Definitely looks like a lot of fun! For now, I've just been working on getting consistent lap times in iRacing.

Leif!
using iRacing is an excellent way to hone skills. I have been doing it for years and find it a great way to learn and to keep the muscle memory in shape. I hope we see you out next year.
GT2 Mazda RX-8 #52
2017 Registrar
Old 11-27-2017, 07:35 AM

I use iceRacing to stay sharp.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwoody27 View Post
using iRacing is an excellent way to hone skills.
+1 for iRacing. An excellent way to discover how many different ways you can demolish your car at the CTMP GP track.
Jim (aka "Lawrence") Mazda Miata OTA #78
Old 11-30-2017, 10:49 PM

lol I cringe every time I crash on the GP track on Iracing turn 2 lol
#45 Scion FR-S - GT3 class
Old 11-30-2017, 11:32 PM

Try it in real life... Good Times!!! LOL