Mosport Time Trial/ Solo Sprint Sept 8 & 9th 2008
COM Sports Car (www.COMSCC.com) club is holding a time Trial Event at Mosport in Ontario, Canada September 8th & 9th, 2008 . $225 per day or $ 425 for both days ( US $)
Mosport International Raceway, Canada's largest motorsports complex, is located an hour east of Toronto in Bowmanville, Ontario. Designed by Alan Bunting, this 2.4 mile road course features fast, sweeping bends that rise and fall over the contours of the land. Mosport is one of only 3 tracks in the world to have hosted Formula 1, Can-Am and IndyCar racing events
Monday is a an HPDE / open lapping format and Tuesday will have open lapping and the Time Trial Portion. Entry is open to any licensed driver with a valid helmet & safe vehicle. We offer a varied class structure to meet a variety of modifications to vehicles for the time trials
Registration opens 7/28/08 http://www.comscc.com/registration
What is COMSCC? COM is currently celebrating its 50th year. We are primarily a Driver Education and Time Trial competition club. A typical COM event is held over a two day period at road courses located throughout the Northeastern US and Eastern Canada.
For More information on COM –Please visit our website www.comscc.com
For information on Mosport Raceway http://www.comscc.com/events/track-information/mosport
Is your club interested in having its own track day –but do not have enough participants or $$ to rent a track for the day? Com may be able to help.
With rising fuel costs and the change in the economic climate, the COM board of directors has developed a “guest club” program to help boost attendance at some of our events. It is our hope that your club might see this as an opportunity to add an event to your schedule or to continue visiting a track that has failed to be cost effective in this economy.
What COM Provides:
• A complete track event with all track fees, insurance, and other event expenses paid by COM.
• Complimentary guest membership for paid participants. No annual COM membership fee need be paid by your members.
• COM web based registration. Guests will enjoy the same low registration fees paid by other COM members; typically $225 for one day and $425 for two days.
• Designated paddock space for the guest club and their members. COM would encourage the use of a club banner and club trailer to define the unique paddock area.
• Track Time: Ample track time will be offered to the guest club in equal proportions to that received by COM members. The guest club will use our format including on-track instruction and classroom time on the DE day of the event. On the Time Trial day (second day), guests who are willing would be encouraged to participate in the Time Trial format (run groups in the morning, time trials in the afternoon). If other participants wish to continue in the DE format, provisions may be made to accommodate their needs.
• Respect for the guest club’s identity: although we would require that all drivers participate in all event drivers meetings, we would encourage the guest club to hold their own meetings and gatherings as they see fit.
What COM asks of the guest club:
• Commitment: That you treat this as one of your own events being held within the COM event, and that you market it as such to your members to help us achieve a target of 10 to 20 paid participants.
COM would welcome your feedback and would appreciate the opportunity to “fine tune” the details to suit your clubs needs. For events in 2009, COM would consider a reverse of the arrangement described above if that has appeal for your club.
The Events: We are currently seeking a guest club for each of the following 2008 events:
Mont Tremblant Mon-Tues, Aug 4-5,2008
Mosport Mon-Tues, Sept 8-9
We are currently seeking a guest club for each of the following 2009 events: Watkins Glen, Mont Tremblant, Mosport, and Calabogie, with those dates to be determined. We would consider a reverse arrangement at any of these tracks and at Summit Point, Limerock, and NJ Motor Sports Park.
We look forward to working with your club in the future. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
Please contact John Spain, Director
COM Sports Car Club
See you at the Track!
Nissan 240SX w CA18det
AutoX / HPDE/ Time Trial car
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|first time poster in solo sprint forum||KLZEMX6||Time Attack Specific Forum||13||11-15-2010 04:46 PM|
|Kyle Marcelli Lapping Day at Mosport - Sept. 1/10||nissannx||Extra Events (Lapping, Tech Sessions)||1||08-24-2010 03:19 PM|
|Mosport Sept 17/18||Corner2 Cory||Road Race Specific Forum||14||09-08-2005 03:50 PM|
|Solo Open House||Director||Time Attack Specific Forum||3||03-25-2004 01:13 PM|
|Solo 1 vs Lapping Days||Dave Barker||General Discussion||126||09-15-2003 03:35 PM|