CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Divisions > CASC-OR Workers

Old 07-27-2009, 10:40 AM

Thank you from Calabogie Motorsports Park

To everyone who worked Calabogie on the weekend, I don't know where to begin. We threw everything at you this weekend: weather extremes, big grids, tight schedules - it was all there and you pulled it off flawlessly. On behalf of Calabogie Motorsports Park, thank you so much and we really look forward to having you out again next year.

The racers had a great weekend and that is largely due to all of you, if there was any chaos going on, we didn't see it.

Thanks again, we'll see you next year.
Car #18 Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Canada
Car#61, Formula Libre Radical SR3
Founder/Partner Calabogie Motorsports Park
bruce.gregory@calabogiemotorsports.com

Old 07-27-2009, 10:20 PM

Re: Thank you from Calabogie Motorsports Park

Bruce,

It is extremely easy for us to work in a top notch race track. Take pride in CMP. When you enjoy working at a beautiful facility it is no longer work, Had a great time and ready to go next year!

Keeper of the Pit Wall
Old 07-27-2009, 11:43 PM

And a big thank you to the marshals who stayed out when the rain finally hit even though there was some chance of lightning.

"I'm so old that when I hear the word "Spandex" I think of watch bracelets."

Old 07-28-2009, 10:41 AM

We marshals all live right and we know the lightening is not intended for us. Rain helps keep it interesting.
We were treated very well and the racing was highly entertaining. Too bad the spectators could not see what we could. Any thoughts of offering any other vantage points for spectators in the future?
Old 07-31-2009, 09:11 PM

On Behalf of the Motorsport Club of Ottawa...thanks

On behalf of The Motorsport Club of Ottawa -- organizers of the third Annual Ted Powell Memorial Race Weekend - may I say a personal thank you to all of the marshals (especially), racers, participants, spectators, super CMP staff (Jane, Hub, Glen) et al, who attended our event. And, to, Bruce, too!

A special thank you to Ted's son John Powell who was in attendance graciously handing out trophies to winning and podium competitors on MCO's behalf.

Lightning? What lightning? That's just me on my bicycle!~!

Merci a tous.

Ronald Woltman
Secretary of the Meet
The Ted Powell Memorial Race Weekend, 2009 ed.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyK View Post
We marshals all live right and we know the lightening is not intended for us. Rain helps keep it interesting.
We were treated very well and the racing was highly entertaining. Too bad the spectators could not see what we could. Any thoughts of offering any other vantage points for spectators in the future?
Short answer is yes - we really want to get spectators access to the rest of the track so they can get some better vantage points (5-6, 10-14 are awesome spots to watch). Longer answer is that we need a lot of fencing first to keep spectators away from the guardrail and that will take us a while to put in, but it is coming in the next couple of years.
Car #18 Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Canada
Car#61, Formula Libre Radical SR3
Founder/Partner Calabogie Motorsports Park
bruce.gregory@calabogiemotorsports.com