CASC-OR Contest at CME! Win a Race Driving School and more!
For your average racing enthusiast, winter marks a cold and bitter off-season. For Ice Racers, it marks the end to the long and tedious summer season…
But other than Minden, most tracks are closed in January and life seems to move a little bit slower, but every year here in the city of Toronto, amidst the cold weather and the snow on the ground, Toronto’s local racing community gathers at the Toronto International Centre for the 5th Annual Canadian Motorsports Expo. Each year the Canadian Motorsports Expo acts as the official beginning to the Canadian racing season by bringing the best elements of the Canadian motorsports industry to Toronto to interact with its fans and media.
CASC-OR has been the official sanctioning body of Motorsports in Ontario since the 1950’s and to kick off 2011 we will have an exhibit at the Canadian Motorsports Expo. CASC-OR will have a number of competitor’s cars on display and will be providing information about our 2011 Race Ontario, Time Attack, Autoslalom and Ice Race programs.
Are you a member of CASC-OR or do you just “Like” our page on Facebook?
Then just drop by our booth at the CME to fill out a ballot and you are entered to win any of the following prize packages!
Grand Prize – 1 entry in the 2011 CASC-OR Race School
The two day school is intended to provide a venue for aspiring race drivers to obtain the requisite training for a novice regional licence for racing, though this is not a requirement for entry – all are welcome to participate. To successfully complete the school, students must perform each of the car handling exercises in a competent manner, as well as pass a written exam.
The school will be completed in the winner’s own street car, which must be roadworthy. Racecars are allowed but must have a properly mounted passenger seat for the instructor. Students intending to apply for a race licence MUST use a vehicle equipped with a manual transmission. If you do not have a manual transmission, you will not be eligible to apply for your novice licence. Those not intending to apply for a race licence may use a vehicle equipped with an automatic transmission.
The winner will receive their choice of the schools below.
School 1 – Saturday, April 23rd and Sunday, April 24th
School 2 – Saturday, June 25th and Sunday, June 26th
Both schools take place at Shannonville Motorsports Park. Approximate prize value $750.00
First Prize – 1 entry in the 2011 CASC-OR Time Attack School
The winner will receive a an entry into the Time Attack school which includes small class size, one on one instruction (classroom and in-car) and an improved confidence when driving your car on the track.
The dates for the school are Saturday May 14th and Sunday May 15th 2011.
The school is highly recommended for anyone interested in competing in the CASC Time Attack Series, participating in lapping days run by any group or just improving their driving skill. The school includes classroom sessions, skid pad sessions and a lot of track time at the Mosport Driver Development Track. The school is open to any car with a passenger seat. There is no need for a racecar.
The school takes place at Mosport’s Driver Development Track.
Approximate prize value $450.00
Second Prize – 1 entry in the 2011 CASC-OR Autoslalom School
The winner will receive a weekend’s entry in the 2011 CASC Autoslalom School. The school is highly recommended for anyone interested in competing in the CASC Regional Autoslalom series or anyone who wants to improving their driving skill.
The dates for the school are TBD but usually take place towards the end of April.
The school takes place at Brampton’s Powerade Centre.
Approximate prize value $100.00
Third Prize – 1 of 2 copies of Sony’s Grand Turismo 5
"Driving a car." Sounds simple, doesn't it? When you focus on this simple concept, examine the finest details from all possible angles, and push it to the limits of human imagination and technology, the end result is Gran Turismo 5.
Gran Turismo 5 offers a massive world of automotive enjoyment to explore. This is the perfect place to embark on that journey and discover what Gran Turismo 5 has to offer.
Approximate prize value $59.99 each
1. No purchase necessary. To be eligible to win, a participant must be a resident of Canada and of the age of majority in his or her province of residence.
2. The contest will run from Sunday January 16, 2009 (1 p.m. EST) to Sunday January 23, 2009 (3:00 p.m. EST).
3. Eligible participants may enter the contest only being a CASC-OR member or by visiting www.facebook.com/canadianautomobilesportclubs and “like” CASC-OR then coming by the CASC-OR booth at the 2011 Canadian Motorsports Expo and fill out a ballot. Full Name, Phone Number, Address, Age and Email Address. Limit of one (1) entry per individual.
4. Five (5) winners will be selected by random draw to be held at 3pm EST on January 23, 2011. The chances of being selected depend upon the number of entries received.
5. Any costs or expenses incurred by the winners in claiming or using their prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
6. The prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be provided.
7. By entering, all participants agree to abide by the official rules and regulations and decisions of the contest organizers, which are final.
8. To be declared a winner, a selected participant will be required to sign a declaration and release to: (a) confirm compliance with the official rules and regulations; (b) release CASC-OR from all liability; (c) accept the prize as awarded; and (d) consents to the use of winner's name, city and/or province of residence, photograph, voice, image, likeness, biographical information and information about the prize, for any publicity or programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, throughout the world in any and all media used by CASC-OR and its advertising and promotional agencies in connection with the contest, without payment or compensation.
9. CASC-OR assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction to or unauthorized alteration of the entries.
Competition Yellow 2010 MX-5 STR #64
Last edited by sjd; 01-17-2011 at 06:53 AM.