CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > General Interest > General Discussion

Old 02-06-2011, 01:42 PM

Mark Skaife - Sunday Night

This is an interesting take on what we need to do to save young drivers from dying on our roads from Mark Skaife - V8 Supercar Champion. It's worth the view for all 12 minutes of it, and it makes some very valid points that I agree with. Take a look:

Part One - Mark Skaife, Sunday Night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbz5KQ-Tdmk

Part Two - Mark Skaife, Sunday Night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=530OC...eature=related

He goes after the three main points that we in North America tend to ignore:
1. Attitude to speed
2. Training for new drivers
3. Building better roads
Old 02-06-2011, 03:03 PM

Re: Mark Skaife - Sunday Night

My 10 cents worth..In canada I have been a chauffer(private,Government,Corporate)a young Drivers driving instructor and currently have an AMZ licence.I have driven all over most of Europe(Im from The UK came here in 1983)I have driven most of N.America,I went back on 2 weeks vacation in Sept/2010 to The UK and had not been there for approx 20 years,We rented a car and drove from Gatwick airport all over England and N.Wales...the crux of the matter is the STANDARD of driving in Europe is SO much better there I was shocked at the difference we drove 1800 miles in the 2 weeks and it was a pleasure behind the wheel,sure the occasional idiot,but as a professional driver myself I really noticed the difference,why it is so I dont know?probably one of the reasons is smaller roads and volume and you have to drive a lot better or else,I also dont know what the statistics are either over there.