CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Sponsor Partners > Canadian Tire Motorsport Park

Old 03-16-2011, 04:24 PM

Mosport Regional Test Day Schedule

Download the 2011 Mosport Regional Test Day Schedule here.

Hope to see you at the track!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2011 Regional Test Day Schedule.pdf (82.8 KB, 530 views)
Old 03-22-2011, 01:14 PM

Re: Mosport Regional Test Day Schedule

called the office and spoke to a nice lady there, but afraid i got somewhat sketchy details regarding requirements for attending these...Would you kindly elaborate who can attend? specifically: what level license is required? what does it mean for a car to be "race ready"? any other specfic requirememts? are these for w2w folks only, or can time attack folks participate as well? sorry for newbie questions...planning to join OTA this year and new to the sport. many thanks in advance!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:02 PM

These are for GT Sprints/Challenge/Libre/Vintage, they are the fridays before the race weekend. I think if your car passed tech under Race Ontario and have a Driver B/A/National or above license, you can attend. So I doubt the Time Attack guys can attend, at least I haven't seen any at test days
Old 03-24-2011, 07:55 PM

thanks much for your response. i think so as well, but would like to hear a formal confirmation from the folks that run it. cheers!
Old 03-25-2011, 01:23 PM

You would want to attend lapping days to get practise. The test days are definatly geared to race. There is passing everywhere so you would not want to be uncaged car vs caged car.

Now if your car is caged, purpose built (as some of the OTA cars are), then you will want to verify liscence requirements

http://www.can-alignment.com http://trackmart.com
Old 03-26-2011, 03:50 PM

thanks! hope the original person that posted here will answer with definitive rules as to who can attend. but i do appreciate all the feedback! cheers!
Old 04-03-2011, 03:11 PM

hate to be a pain here....but any chance for Moe Sport to clarify the attendance rules? many thanks!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:10 PM

another noob here, bought a csac teched car last year (has 2010 sticker) and I want to keep it up to date (tech wise) and wouldn't mind a test and tune day. Can I attend? I've got MIR experience and run around 1:36 if that makes a difference. No license.

thanks
Old 04-18-2011, 01:15 AM

i get this funny feeling that all newbies are on "ignore" here...sort of like if you have to ask, you dont belong there too bad, really, and very unlike general attitute that prevails on this forum, which is truly excellent!
also too bad, that the MIR office isnt sufficiently informed to give a straight answer over a phone...hmmmm...perhaps it would help if the admin pinged Mr Moe?
Old 04-18-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92tsiawd View Post
These are for GT Sprints/Challenge/Libre/Vintage, they are the fridays before the race weekend. I think if your car passed tech under Race Ontario and have a Driver B/A/National or above license, you can attend. any at test days
I think you Question has already been answered.
Do you race in the Regional Racing series at Mosport?
Birel Rotax Supplier
http://www.racingedgemotorsports.com/

Greg
Old 04-18-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92tsiawd View Post
These are for GT Sprints/Challenge/Libre/Vintage, they are the fridays before the race weekend. I think if your car passed tech under Race Ontario and have a Driver B/A/National or above license, you can attend. So I doubt the Time Attack guys can attend, at least I haven't seen any at test days
Although I know nothing about the qualifications of the drivers involved nor the technical specs of the cars, I have, in the past, seen both Rally cars and Time Attack cars during Friday test days.

As corner marshals we tend to notice cars that are not regular Race Ontario entries.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:12 AM

indeed this seems rather muddy... and to the previous post: no, my question has not been answered (unfortunately, as i have been waiting for it for several weeks now). but, i do thank those folks that have posted their responses - however, none was definitive, nor authoritative, so i am still waiting...I would hope, that general etiquette of this forum would permit a viewer to ask for event details and receive a fairly timely response to a reasonable question wrt prevailing rules, or other event details. with my thanks in advance!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:38 AM

Should you get a better official answer? Yes.
I think you didn`t cause to the most part like the other guy said, its for regional racers.
If you not custom to cars passing you at speed everywhere on the track, it’s not the best day for getting track time.
They I assume like knowing the people with licenses no what to expect on the track.
Example: a none license car quickly getting out of the way of a fast car coming from behind.
When he should of not panic and stay in his line.
You’re going to get low 1.30-second car coming up fast and they want to no the guy no’s what to do.
Plus there is no shortage of track lapping day any more, if anything there are to many.
So why try and go to a racing TEST day?

Hey I don`t mean to piss you off, that's not my intent.
P.S. Thanks for the heads up about the BMW School
Birel Rotax Supplier
http://www.racingedgemotorsports.com/

Greg

Last edited by DECH_92; 04-19-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:45 PM

To participate in the CASC Regional Test Days, you must have a.) Regional Racing License, b.) Your car must be fully race prepared and c.) Drivers must have all the normal safety equipment.

There are exceptions for drivers who have recently held CASC Regional Licenses and for drivers who have taken part in the CASC race school and need to be observed.

For either of the above, you would need to contact the Mosport Office. If after you speak to the Mosport Office and you have been cleared to enter, you will then need to speak to the Clerk of the Course on the morning of the scheduled test day. They will explain the rules of the day and let you know that you will be observed. If there are no issues with your driving, all will be good.

To contact the Mosport Office, please call 1-800-866-1072.

Thanks and have a great day.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:18 AM

Moe - thank you very much for your response and details.

DECH - thanks for your comments and an attempt to help out. why would anyone like to attend Regional test days (assuming they are comfortable with the format)? well, they represent an opportunity for a well priced seat time at a spectacular venue

FYI i know of 4 other well priced events there: OTA, BMW Trillium (school format unless signed off for solo), Mustangs at Mosport (Ford powered vehicles only) and SVTOA (2 day event open to all makes). if you know of any others in the same price range, please post them.