CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Divisions > Autoslalom Specific Forum

Old 08-15-2011, 12:22 AM

Event 7 - Results now posted - TLMC - Molson Centre, Barrie

Great event today to finish the season, 6 runs - 84 competitors and finished just after 4 - hope everyone had a great day. I'm glad the rain held with the exception of a couple of showers on the drive home.

Pawel M continued his FTD dominance from last event, he also took home the top PAX time. Steven D was the FTD runner up, while Robin E was runner up on the PAX list.

Head on over to the old site http://solo2.casc.on.ca/events/2011results.php to take a look at the results - still waiting on the powers that be to get me permissions to the new site - but don't hold your breath.

Our cone counts were above to average today, courtesy of the start gates and the offset gate just past the half way point of the course.
Out of the 472 runs that were completed today, we had the second highest cone count of 276 cones hit (200 more then last event - Picton day 1 was first with 445). 38 people got lost on course and were marked down as DNF's (only one more then last event).

127 runs had a one cone casualty, 46 with two, 11 with three and 6 tied for the high cone count of the day with 4.

Congrats to Paul K for winning the 2011 CASC-OR Mobil 1 Ontario Autoslalom Tour

Pax Championship Points - Top 10
  1. Paul K
  2. Barry G
  3. Tashko S
  4. Peter W
  5. Robin E
  6. Steven D
  7. Ammaar Z
  8. Curt B
  9. Travis T
  10. Gregory C

If you notice any error's or omissions in the results/points please send me a pm.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:37 AM

Re: Event 7 - Results now posted - TLMC - Molson Centre, Barrie

Wow...

That was fast!!!!

Thanks Cliff.

SPDA, Bringing "Racing to Racers"!
2003 CSP Champion, 2004 FSP Champion,
2005 FSP Champion, 2006 FSP Champion
Supported by the greatest companies!!
Click me to see the companies supporting grass roots motorsports!!
Old 08-15-2011, 01:18 PM

Congratulations to the top 10! Paul - well done.

Another season over that I missed - however I think everything is completed now on the Z (in fact last week). Ok not completed done - was thinking of water/meth injection

Q
Old 08-15-2011, 02:52 PM

Good job Paul, way to go Barry for nabbing 2nd overall
Old 08-15-2011, 11:16 PM

Thanks guys. It was a close one at many of the events this year. I should thank Mike for 'fixing' his car throwing Tashko off part way through the season. I think Tashko would've had it wrapped up if it weren't for the new bushings.

We should have a close look at those ST class pax factors so I have a chance to repeat , that or ban RS3's from the ST classes

Q... you need to get back out. and yes... water/meth injection and crank up that timing.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz73 View Post
Thanks guys. It was a close one at many of the events this year. I should thank Mike for 'fixing' his car throwing Tashko off part way through the season. I think Tashko would've had it wrapped up if it weren't for the new bushings.

We should have a close look at those ST class pax factors so I have a chance to repeat , that or ban RS3's from the ST classes

Q... you need to get back out. and yes... water/meth injection and crank up that timing.
I'm surprised you didn't say ban green miatas with intakes.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz73 View Post

I just saw what those things can do at the IPC. Crazy tire... Mini drivers who did ok in the nationals on Starspecs were all of a sudden in 2nd and 3rd place overall.

Especially since no one drove to the event with them on. If it heat cycles out, doesn't like the rain, gives poor feedback, is as quick as an R888 and is a bad choice for a DD, then it's probably not a street tire

The faster STR S2000 guys south of the border have been putting in quicker raw times than the faster A6 shod BS S2000's in some events. Eek.
I'll sure as hell mount them next year if they're legal

Last edited by Saj5DJ; 08-16-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:07 AM

The new issue of GRM has a tire test of the Hoosier A6 and the new Goodyear RS AC. They also ran the RS-3 as a control tire (twice) and it was 1.8 seconds slower than the A6 and 0.5 seconds slower than the RS AC. I'd use the term "street tire" very loosely when talking about the RS-3.
Competition Yellow 2010 MX-5 STR #64
TLMC Autoslalom Co-Director
www.twinlakesmc.org
Old 08-16-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjd View Post
The new issue of GRM has a tire test of the Hoosier A6 and the new Goodyear RS AC. They also ran the RS-3 as a control tire (twice) and it was 1.8 seconds slower than the A6 and 0.5 seconds slower than the RS AC. I'd use the term "street tire" very loosely when talking about the RS-3.
Though they are are on the edge of street they still definatly are a street tire. I have 15,000 km on mine with plenty of thread left.

Also in the few years ive been auto-xing I thought the general rule was
A6's are worth 2 seconds in a 60 second coarse ne ways?

Plus if you guys make them illegal I'll get really upset and come back with some 15x10's and 275 ho ho's.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:21 AM

Damn fine driving regardless Pawel...
Old 08-16-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saj5DJ View Post
Damn fine driving regardless Pawel...
Thanks for the compliment. But I would be lying if I said it was all me. The car is setup phenomenally and completely beyond my expectations. With my new
coilovers and tire/rim setup it just sticks, yet gives me enough rotation to get around the tight stuff.

In fact I was able to squeeze a bit more time out of it when I did a fun run. Ran a 51.8 even though I was all over the place on the last 3-2 cones.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
They also ran the RS-3 as a control tire (twice) and it was 1.8 seconds slower than the A6 and 0.5 seconds slower than the RS AC.
Boy do i need some driving lessons... forza 3 just isn't working.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
Wow...

That was fast!!!!
I'd rather be known for driving quickly, but I guess I'll have to settle for getting results up quickly instead.

On a side note: Corrected details and class for car 722, and added missing values for two people on the overall - remember to hit refresh to grab the latest copy from the server.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefed View Post
Boy do i need some driving lessons... forza 3 just isn't working.
My driving could use some improving for sure but not as much as my weather predicting.

Congrats on the overall Paul.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
nothing comes close to sticker hoosiers. problem is they are no better than crappy walmart tires after they've been heat cycled too many times. Bill and Mike grabed my old set of a6's and compared to their old set of r888's, the r888's were a fair bit faster. 710's hang on to their sweet spot longer too.

Tags
autoslalom, event 7, results, tlmc