CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Divisions > Autoslalom Specific Forum

Old 05-21-2013, 04:27 PM

Re: Event 1 - Results posted - PMSC - Kawartha Downs, Peterborough

Until then we should run in *S and hope for the best? Or do what that one guy did and put RTR as his class when he regged in the morning?

If it turns out RTR is happening, will previous events be re-scored? I have video proof I wasn't on R-comps.

PITL - Car #102
CASC - Car #102
Old 05-21-2013, 08:13 PM

I would love to be in RTF , would help give the Focus the extra bonus it needs
Old 05-21-2013, 08:36 PM

We will look at using RT classes for 2014, would a club member please bring it up at the open house for inclusion into next season.

And we're looking for volunteers help to consolidate some of the classes for 2014. we will use SCCA classing but consolidate them more for our use.

It is more fun to have competition in a class, rather than willing an empty one.

After Picton, we will have a good idea of our numbers for 2013.
2014 Solo2 Car #46
Old 05-21-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax5678 View Post
I would love to be in RTF , would help give the Focus the extra bonus it needs
Huh??

So how exactly does a 250hp focus get classed in GS anyways?.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:12 PM

So to clarify, that means no to RTR/RTF this season?

A shame!

PITL - Car #102
CASC - Car #102
Old 05-21-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max attack View Post
Huh??

So how exactly does a 250hp focus get classed in GS anyways?.
tT still isn't classed right, otherwise I would of won PAX , Better move it to HS

See how Picton goes. Maybe I can find someone to donate some R-comps for the cause.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax5678 View Post
tT still isn't classed right, otherwise I would of won PAX , Better move it to HS

See how Picton goes. Maybe I can find someone to donate some R-comps for the cause.
Sure,maybe you can convince someone to move my car to maybe A stock 'cause its completely stock the way it was built in 1990.

I know my car should be capable of finishing top 5 on pax but the driver not so sure any more.I built foam seat inserts over the weekend after bashing around in what I thought was an already tight cockpit,hopefully no more bruised legs and shoulders this weekend at the bmw event.
Gotta get seat time and try and get used to my eyeballs being about the same height as the cones.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR View Post
We will look at using RT classes for 2014, would a club member please bring it up at the open house for inclusion into next season.

And we're looking for volunteers help to consolidate some of the classes for 2014. we will use SCCA classing but consolidate them more for our use.

It is more fun to have competition in a class, rather than willing an empty one.

After Picton, we will have a good idea of our numbers for 2013.
I thought we decided at the workshop that we would be using RTx this year? I also thought that we decided that we were going to try to consolidate classes for 2013 via family scoring...and that the groupings would be decided after a few events.

IMO, the groupings should be as follows:

RT/Stock (RT is just a bonus applied to the stock PAX...had 10 cars last year)
ST (This will be be the largest class...had 30 cars last year not including STZ)
SP (Had 17 cars last year)
SM (Only had 5 cars last year...but should hopefully have more this year)
P/M (not many prepared or MOD cars...had 11 between the two last year...only one was DMOD)

The above numbers are based on series registered competitors. I think Tom will be registering this year...so that's one more MOD car...and it sounds like Mike has an FMOD car too. I'm not sure that's enough to separate MOD from Prepared...up to you I guess.

***EDIT***

Also, I thought we decided to stay on the bleeding edge of classing with the SCCA? If that's the case, and the changes to stock class go through for 2014 as proposed...I think that's the end of RTx classes.

I think we either do it this year...or never. If we do it, I think that a 2.5% street tire bonus is way too much.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:19 PM

Good point. RT will be evaporating next year, with street stock taking over.

Actually, it's more like the existing R-comp stock classes are evaporating and RT is staying under a different name.

Do we actually have anyone in any stock class running r comps anyway? Seems to me all the stock guys fit into RT anyway.

Hope I'm still competing with Travis T, Daniel, Steve D etc for the same trophy. Definitely will be fun.

Seeing Paul K and Mike A chase the street mod win will be awesome too.

Citizen Cone Dodger
Old 05-22-2013, 07:52 PM

I like that 2.5% Bonus though Aris. It would put me first for the first event .

Would be nice to know though if we are going to be doing it. As I was under the impression we were this year.

I'm not too heart broken about it though if we are not. But every little bit helps for adding a another plack to my wall
Old 05-22-2013, 08:24 PM

I'd say our past years results don't support as high as 2.5%, to be fair.

Citizen Cone Dodger
Old 05-22-2013, 09:02 PM

I'd take anything I can get. If I had the spare cash I would love to run R-comps on the stock focus and really give pax a good run, but Since I am religated to Stock Street tyres this year. I wouldn't mind a slight bonus.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saj5DJ View Post
I'd say our past years results don't support as high as 2.5%, to be fair.
I agree. 2.5% seems high.

I just want to know if there's a proper place for my Miata to play in this year. As STR PAX assumes I have suspension mods (which I do not) and ES PAX assumes I have R comps. (which, I again, do not)

EDIT: This was more or less the reason why I've stayed out of regionals until now. Also, a newbie isn't going to turn up on Rs to try his car in a stock class. PITL is a great example of this.

From a ton of newbies coming out to test drive the FRS (All drivers get one run in an FRS) :
http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/pitl...12_ev2-ftd.pdf
By class: http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/pitl..._ev2-class.pdf

From when Rogers TV came and filmed the event (also bringing out more people than usual) :
http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/pitl...12_ev3-ftd.pdf
By class: http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/pitl..._ev3-class.pdf

Both events were mid summer events with no rain. Look at all those street tires in stock classes!

PITL - Car #102
CASC - Car #102

Last edited by Ziploc; 05-23-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziploc View Post

I just want to know if there's a proper place for my Miata to play in this year. As STR PAX assumes I have suspension mods (which I do not) and ES PAX assumes I have R comps. (which, I again, do not)

EDIT: This was more or less the reason why I've stayed out of regionals until now. Also, a newbie isn't going to turn up on Rs to try his car in a stock class. PITL is a great example of this.
Just to clear things up, there are as many different ways to class cars, some more fair then others - but on the hole it was decieded a couple of years ago, by the member clubs to move away from the ASN/FIA classes to the SCCA class structure. It makes it easier for those that want to compete in la belle province, in the states, or with another club that also uses SCCA classes (I'm pretty sure MCO, St. LAC, TLMC, WOSCA all run SCCA classes), and eliminates any perceived bias towards the rulebook/pax#/car class comittees.

Not all cars will be competitive in the classes they are placed in (mine isn't and won't be), and with the ~38 classes the regionals run, odds are there are going to be more cars with different prep levels who's potential will be closer to the top of a class, then a classing structure with only 9 classes. If you go to a tour event in the states, or even the nationals, you'll truely see how good some drivers are - it's not the car, level of prep, or class that is the difference maker - it's the driver.

Many have run stock classes with street tires - I was one of them. At least now most cars also have the option of running an ST* class that wasn't available back when I started, and from the number of entries in those classes they seem to be quite a popular option for a lot of people.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziploc View Post

From a ton of newbies coming out to test drive the FRS (All drivers get one run in an FRS) :
http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/pitl...12_ev2-ftd.pdf
By class: http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/pitl..._ev2-class.pdf

From when Rogers TV came and filmed the event (also bringing out more people than usual) :
http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/pitl...12_ev3-ftd.pdf
By class: http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/pitl..._ev3-class.pdf

Both events were mid summer events with no rain. Look at all those street tires in stock classes!
Val, I understand your point but the reason that you have started to compete in the regional series (or attended Nationals last year) is that you, as a driver, have moved beyond PITL. That means prepping your car to a class. I for one, think you'll do fine in ES on street tires that are faster than most R-comps save for Hoosiers or Kumho V710's.
Competition Yellow 2010 MX-5 STR #64
TLMC Autoslalom Co-Director
www.twinlakesmc.org

Tags
2013, autoslalom, event 1, pmsc, results