CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Divisions > Autoslalom Specific Forum

Old 05-24-2013, 09:30 AM

Re: Event 1 - Results posted - PMSC - Kawartha Downs, Peterborough

We shall see! Cheers guys.

PITL - Car #102
CASC - Car #102
Old 05-24-2013, 09:44 AM

classing also goes the other way Val.

my car prepped for pitl needs to lose 1500lbs and gain 300hp to compete in the regional series
Old 05-24-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR View Post
And we're looking for volunteers help to consolidate some of the classes for 2014. we will use SCCA classing but consolidate them more for our use.
What happened to this conversation we had?

Quote:
me: We're 100% doing the "family" scoring, correct?

Andrew: That is what we said

me: K.

Just getting things sorted for the season. I may drive two different ST cars.

Andrew: :

me: Because of family scoring though, both would contribute to my score...which is great.

Andrew: That is true
Old 05-24-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snizzoop View Post
What happened to this conversation we had?
We all agree that the number of classes are too many, and that the clubs should decide how many and when.

This means to formally put in place a structure for 2014. 2013 is a trial of that, with concrete numbers to go forward.

Honestly, adding more classes means more classes of one or two cars, competitors have said they don't want that.

After Picton and we have a good idea of class sizes, suggestions will be taken for merging.

After all, most paxes are quite close. - excluding Mike's Monster car of course.
2014 Solo2 Car #46

Last edited by AndrewR; 05-24-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:26 AM

Old 05-24-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR View Post
We all agree that the number of classes are too many, and that the clubs should decide how many and when.

This means to formally put in place a structure for 2014. 2013 is a trial of that, with concrete numbers to go forward.

Honestly, adding more classes means more classes of one or two cars, competitors have said they don't want that.

After Picton and we have a good idea of class sizes, suggestions will be taken for merging.

After all, most paxes are quite close. - excluding Mike's Monster car of course.
I'm not talking about adding classes...and if you're talking about the RT classes, I couldn't care less about them...they don't affect me. If these guys want RT, they're going to have to fight for it (apparently) for themselves...BUT...I thought it was agreed upon at the workshop that we WOULD have RT...and that we WOULD have family scoring.

The only thing that wasn't decided at the workshop was if we would group any of the families together. If THAT is what you want input on...cool. If you want input on a totally different method of grouping the classes, then I have an issue.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snizzoop View Post
I'm not talking about adding classes...and if you're talking about the RT classes, I couldn't care less about them...they don't affect me. If these guys want RT, they're going to have to fight for it (apparently) for themselves...BUT...I thought it was agreed upon at the workshop that we WOULD have RT...and that we WOULD have family scoring.

The only thing that wasn't decided at the workshop was if we would group any of the families together. If THAT is what you want input on...cool. If you want input on a totally different method of grouping the classes, then I have an issue.
I thought the same thing and planned my tire purchase accordingly
Old 06-04-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff96 View Post
Just to clear things up, there are as many different ways to class cars, some more fair then others - but on the hole it was decieded a couple of years ago, by the member clubs to move away from the ASN/FIA classes to the SCCA class structure. It makes it easier for those that want to compete in la belle province, in the states, or with another club that also uses SCCA classes (I'm pretty sure MCO, St. LAC, TLMC, WOSCA all run SCCA classes), and eliminates any perceived bias towards the rulebook/pax#/car class comittees.
Sorry to pull this back up, but to clarify something for anyone considering coming to Ottawa or doing a regular St LAC event, neither club uses the SCCA classing structure. Both use relatively unique classing systems that work for the demographics of each club.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:02 AM

No problem on pulling it back up, it's been a while since I've done club events with everyone, and I was going by memory (which was obviously off by a little bit).

Thanks for posting and clearing things up.

Tags
2013, autoslalom, event 1, pmsc, results