CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Divisions > Autoslalom Specific Forum

Old 08-12-2013, 12:14 AM

Post Events 5 & 6 - Results posted - TLMC - Barrie Molson Centre

Twin Laks Motorsport Club (TLMC) hosted events 5 and 6 of the CASC-OR Autoslalom Championship Series this past weekend at the Barrie Molson Centre.

Lots of seat time for everyone that made the trip this weekend, with twelve official timed runs split between the two events.

Saturday featured Mike A at the top of the FTD list with a time of 51.588, just over three-tenths faster the Arris G, the next closest competitor. Arris G won his first event of the season, and was just under three-tenths faster then the next closest competitor, Jimmy P.

We had plenty of cones hit on Saturday (144), and a number of DNF's (41) with only 3 reruns being required on the day.

Sunday featured another new event winner for the season Mike A. He was four tenths quicker then Arris, yesterdays winner and the next closest competitor. Mike again finished on top of the FTD list, with a blazing 46.753. He bested Paul K, by half a second, and the rest of the field was nearly two seconds back from their times.

On the penalty and stat side, we had 71 drivers, and 109 runs had at least a one cone penalty. 138 cones were hit on the day, with 27 DNF's and a bunch (35) re-runs due to a combination of false, and no-trip events with the timer.

The next event of the series is Sunday Aug 18th at the C and D paddock at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, just above Bowmanville. Make sure you register for the event online, not only will it save you time at the event, but it will also save you $10. The cost if you register online is $30, if you register at the event it is $40. Make sure to register by the end of day Friday Aug 16, to take advantage of the savings. casc.motorsportreg.com

The results can be found at: http://solo2.casc.on.ca/events/2013results.php.

If you notice any error's or omissions in the results/points please send me a pm.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:02 AM

Re: Events 5 & 6 - Results posted - TLMC - Barrie Molson Centre

Wow thanks for getting that done/up so fast, great work to all the volunteers, I had an absolute blast, the course layout was a riot, especially today's!!

Danielle and I got some really great pictures, but they're way too big to host them all, so anyone in run group #3 this weekend that would like pictures of their cars please PM me and we can exchange emails, I'll send a couple pics along. The rest I'll post on facebook in lower quality, does TLMC have a page I can post on?

Thanks again for a fantastic weekend to the organizers and participants!
Infiniti G35 Sedan ~ OTA #87
AutoSlalom #87
Old 08-12-2013, 01:29 AM

A couple unedited shots:

EDIT: Moved HERE
AutoSlalom #87

Last edited by Tunermax; 08-14-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:56 AM

Thanks for the picture of my car in its most common state.
#67 miata, solodwarf, fancy vw.
Lucky codriver of:
Datsunracer.com
Old 08-12-2013, 08:26 AM

Wow, that was fast...thanks Cliff! BUT...I thought we talked about the cone on my last run...and that it didn't happen...I'd have won the event! I think that cone cost me a shot at the overall. I still have a good chance at the ST title though. If I can win ST at Deerhurst, and keep Daniel to 98.98 points or less, I'll get it.

Unfortunately, we (TLMC) don't have a place to post pictures. Maybe we should create a FB account (or G+) so that they can at least be tagged/linked to.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:00 AM

lol Mike, you'll get it there, it was a freaking riot to watch Saturday, I was picking my jaw up off the seat of the car the first time you went out.

Here's an entertaining angle, I tagged 1 cone Saturday, and then this on Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf6TR...ature=youtu.be
AutoSlalom #87
Old 08-12-2013, 10:24 AM

Hi for Еveryone.

It was my first time when I took a part in autoslolam competition in Canada and it was first time after delay more than 1.5 years.

I'd like to thank for a fantastic weekend to the organizers and participants! The organization of the event was perfect.

I have a few questions about time tables :

1.Can someone explain me the next information :68.999 67.830 73.787+2 68.782 69.296+1 67.018 58.372 +1.162 ?

2. How from 67.018 which is my best time I came in total 58.372 ?

3. What does the Diff mean ?

4. What does the Factor mean ?

5. Why the Diff here ( http://solo2.casc.on.ca/events/resul...20tlmc_pax.htm ) is +1.162 and here is http://solo2.casc.on.ca/events/resul...20tlmc_raw.htm is 0.508

Thank you.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snizzoop View Post
Wow, that was fast...thanks Cliff! BUT...I thought we talked about the cone on my last run...and that it didn't happen...I'd have won the event! I think that cone cost me a shot at the overall. I still have a good chance at the ST title though. If I can win ST at Deerhurst, and keep Daniel to 98.98 points or less, I'll get it.
Nahhhh...

Fun weekend guys! Thanks TLMC.

The car should be back to it's normal self by next weekend. Turns out I ran this weekend with essentially only one engine mount, causing the blown rad hose both days. Thanks to Mike, Joe and both Steve's for your help sorting it out. Also turns out I ran at least a part of Sunday on two corded rear tires. Might explain why the car felt a little loose... Lol. [/end of excuse list]

In other words, Arris, I'm happy to give the win to the little cheese whiz mx-5 this weekend but I'll be back in fighting shape and ready to fend you off moving forward! . Looking forward to some good battles. And between us we need to put a stop to this Mike dude from thinking he can take the overall. Unacceptable!! Lol.

Some great shots Matt! Any good ones of the black e36 m3?

Last edited by Daniel; 08-12-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
In other words, Arris, I'm happy to give the win to the little cheese whiz mx-5 this weekend but I'll be back in fighting shape and ready to fend you off moving forward! . Looking forward to some good battles. And between us we need to put a stop to this Mike dude from thinking he can take the overall. Unacceptable!! Lol.
Yeah, I sort of figured this would be the case, but I (would like to) think that I have a shot though. :-P I REALLY wish I didn't hit that cone now...seriously. Have you decided what tires you'll get?
Old 08-12-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snizzoop View Post
I REALLY wish I didn't hit that cone now...
I'd have a shot too if I hadn't hit the end cone & DNF'ed my fastest run. All I'd need is snow in both August and September.
2014 BRZ STX #109
Red ones go faster
Old 08-12-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Man View Post
I have a few questions about time tables :

1.Can someone explain me the next information :68.999 67.830 73.787+2 68.782 69.296+1 67.018 58.372 +1.162 ?

2. How from 67.018 which is my best time I came in total 58.372 ?

3. What does the Diff mean ?

4. What does the Factor mean ?

5. Why the Diff here ( http://solo2.casc.on.ca/events/resul...20tlmc_pax.htm ) is +1.162 and here is http://solo2.casc.on.ca/events/resul...20tlmc_raw.htm is 0.508

Thank you.
I'll try to give an answer without necessarily answering your questions directly.

PAX is a system designed to put all cars on a level playing field. Each class has it's own PAX factor. It's supposed to be a way to compare how a driver did in differently prepared cars. In theory, if you took the best driver in the world, put him in the best car from every class and sent him through the course, all of the times would be exactly the same after applying the PAX factor. We use this so that at the end of the year we can award an overall trophy to someone.

If you look at Saturday's RAW results (these are the best times people ACTUALLY ran), you will see that Mike finished in front of me by .319 seconds. Then if you look at Jimmy, he finished .342 seconds behind me, and .661 seconds behind Mike. So, the the "Diff" is how many seconds you were behind the guy in front of you and "From 1st" is how many seconds you were behind the first place guy.

Now, if you look at Saturday's PAX results (these are the best times people ran adjusted by their PAX factor), you will see that I am first, and Mike is now in sixth. He has a "tougher" PAX factor because cars in that class should be much faster than cars in my class. The smaller your PAX number is, the slower your car is "supposed" to be.

Hopefully that answers your questions.

Last edited by Snizzoop; 08-12-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
In other words, Arris, I'm happy to give the win to the little cheese whiz mx-5 this weekend but I'll be back in fighting shape and ready to fend you off moving forward!
Cheese Whiz!
LMFAO
#111- 2017 Civic Type R, 2008 S2000 CR
Old 08-12-2013, 12:13 PM

Great explanation. Got it .

Thank Snizzoop

One thing looks me very strange . Based on this table http://solo2.casc.on.ca/events/resul...20tlmc_pax.htm only my car (2007 Volvo S60 AWD 2.5T) and 2009 Lotus Elise SC have the same factor = 0.871 I am very happy that Volvo is comparable with Lotus ))) , but people .... I can change everything in Volvo , but it will never be comparable with Lotus ...Let's think about it a little bit more seriously.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:17 PM

PAX only works if your car is MAXED for it's class

if you dont prep right, it doesnt work... that's why you study the rules and do the right mods

from my understanding, very little of us are prepped to SCCA levels
Old 08-12-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337trix View Post
PAX only works if your car is MAXED for it's class.
Close. PAX only works if you've chosen the "best" car in the class, and then maxed it out.

Tags
2013, autoslalom, event, results, tlmc