CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Divisions > Autoslalom Specific Forum

Old 10-04-2013, 12:37 AM

Post Event 8 - Results posted - SPDA - Deerhurst Airstrip, Huntsville, ON

Congratulations to Daniel F, the 2013 CASC-OR Autoslalom overall champion!

SPDA hosted the final event of the CASC-OR Autoslalom Championship Series Saturday September 14th at the airstrip at Deerhurst, in Huntsville.

Daniel F confirmed that he was the man to beat this year with his fourth event win of the season, although Mike A (who was trying to win his third straight event) wasn't going to let it be easy, throwing down the fastest raw time (68.482s), and he was only 0.021s behind Daniel on the PAX index at the end of 5 timed runs.

The course took full advantage of the runway, and provided a challenge to a number of competitors with 57 DNF’s, and 100 cones hit on 73 runs, showing how important the last couple of inches can be in the faster sections of the course.

Congratulations to all of the class winners, Val D in Stock, Daniel F in Street Tire, Mike A in Street Mod/Street Prepared and Kris D in Prepared/Mod. Steve A took the novice award Daniel F also won the Yokohama Street Tire Challenge - congratulations everyone!

The results can be found at: http://solo2.casc.on.ca/events/2013results.php

If you notice any error's or omissions in the results/points please send me a pm.

Last edited by Cliff96; 10-04-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:18 AM

Re: Event 8 - Results posted - SPDA - Deerhurst Airstrip, Huntsville, ON

Don't forget the most important award. Awarded to both Val D and Travis T:

2014 BRZ STX #109
Red ones go faster
Old 10-05-2013, 01:26 PM

Congrats to all the trophy winners! The new system worked out well.

Looking forward to the FTD competition next year Mike! And will do my best to keep up with you on PAX.

I'm also really liking the competition for overall... should be a good season next year! I know Mike will continue to tinker, Arris has some plans and I'm sure Daniel will make sure no one steals his title.

Maybe there will be a few more perfect attendance award recipients.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:08 AM

So much more involved in these events than most people realize, particularly behind the scenes. Huge thanks to the series committee and all event organizers for yet another great season!

Highlight of the season for me was the level of competition, in large part brought on by the new classing system which opens up the pool. Also seems like everyone is stepping up their game. Picton is always a highlight for me and I would say the biggest surprise was the WOSCA event at Centralia Airport. Awesome venue and with some small tweaks to the course layout and marshalling format, it will definitely be one to look forward to in 2014. Fingers crossed that you guys can secure the venue moving forward.

And I agree with Paul, I think the new (simpler) classing system worked really well. Be great to hear more opinions on the season and the classing system in particular - from all perspectives.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:06 PM

Loved the season.

The category classing brought on some pretty intense battles and the SCCA classing let the guys that would normally be chucked into MOD compete at the level they deserve to be at. I think things will only continue to get better, as the guys that may have an SM, Mod or Prepared car see that they can really get stuck into things now.

"Street" replacing stock next year should help alot more people be competitive on a tighter budget as well. Tell ya, it's gonna be tight at the top!

None of it worked out particularly well for me....

Gotta step up my game next season.

Congrats Daniel on another great drive. Win was well deserved.

Citizen Cone Dodger
Old 10-06-2013, 03:20 PM

Thanks to all the series committee and the clubs that participated for holding the regional events. I had a fun first year of autocross, looking forward to doing it again next year. I enjoyed Centralia the most as it was my first time racing on an airport runway, a really cool experience.

Congrats to all the trophy winners and hopefully next year I can be more competitive .
Old 10-07-2013, 08:16 AM

Talking Re: Event 8 - Results posted - SPDA - Deerhurst Airstrip, Huntsville, ON

Thanks to everyone involved in setting this up. I had a fantastic first season and can't wait for next year.

Tags
2013, autoslalom, event, results, spda