CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Marketplace > For Sale - Racer to Racer

Old 02-07-2014, 09:07 PM

1982 VW GTI Race car for sale

1982 VW Rabbit GTI (GT5/G70G) Race car
1982 VW GTI racecar. The car comes turn key with all the parts Asking $6000 OBO
to make it race/track ready (The car has a log book 2011-213 and it can be raced anywhere in North America as a Sprint Racer or a Vintage Racer under the G70 Rules . Alternately it can be turned back to a street car with some work (I have the ownership, the car has a clear title and it is pre 1987 so no emission laws apply. I spent the last 3 years building this car and spent over
$10,000.00 on it.

Here is a list of what has been done to the car.
-completely stripped of undercoating
-Seam welded the entire unibody
-Reinforced front lower control arms and rear axle
-Lower and upper crossbars that are adjustable with Heim ends
-The original Front disc brakes adapted to the fit the rear end (rear Disk Brake Conversion)
-Large front brakes with rebuilt Audi calipers ( The car outbreaks almost everyone in a my class and several faster cars)
-Stainless brake lines on all 4 wheels
-Motegi Racing Forged 15"x7) Superlight (10.5lbs) rims with dry tires (slicks)
-Manual brake master cylinder, Wilwood adjustable Brake Bias (Front to back)
-Specially fabricated upper front shock towers that are camber adjustable
-Adjustable Racing KW coil overs Installed August 2012 (only 3 races on them)
-Fuel cell placed in a rear frame structure (8 gallon Race and Street Legal)
-Battery in the rear right side to offset drivers weight (lightweight battery included)
-Full gauge package. Oil pressure is mechanical. Autometer gauges
-Racing seat (11lbs) with a 5 point harness on drivers side (Race Valid until the end of the 2014 Season Sprints or 2015 Vintage)
- Bracket for a passenger seat (either factory or race bucket) 4-5 point harness can be installed on the driver side as well ( I have one and will include with the car if someone would like to add a second seat)
-6 point roll cage with many reinforcements (0.125 Thickness, Legal for FIA sanctioned governing bodies such as SCCA or CASC) Complies with the current rule book
-Light weight gutted doors, Second door set may be available if not sold separately
-Factory Front Windshield for safety, Fresh windows made of lexan for the sides and the rear hatch (2013)
-Short shift kit for trans that is adjustable to drivers feel (shifts very quick and precise)
-Close Ratio GTI tranny.
-Lightened flywheel (2012 August)
-Mosotrport Stronger GTI clutch (August 2012 - only 3 races on it)
-1.8 litre engine blueprinted, shaved head (10:1 vs 8.5:1) for increased power with reliability Head was cut down .030" to raise compression
-Cylinder head is ported and polished and intake matches
-Dual Weber carbs 40mm Brand new Purchased and installed in August 2012 (3 races on them) Original Italian Webers and not a cheap Spanish or Japanese knock offs)
- Another set of 45mm Webers will included with the car if interested)
-Cross bar carb linkage set up $500 from England Demon tweeks
-Gated, baffled, and lowered oil pan. Holds 7 litres of oil
-Fibreglass hood with air scoop to cool the motor and feed more air into the carbs
-Fiberglass Rear Hatch, 7 lbs including the mounting brackets vs original 21lbs (Still have the original (now gutted) will include with the car)
-Professionally painted twice to get the car perfectly straight
- Engine Rebuilt by Rocco at RMP Competizione in Etobicoke Aug 2012 (Only 3 races since)
- New Polyurethane engine, transmission and suspension mounts - 2013
- New Water pump Aug 2012
- All work performed by RMP Competizione who reduced the lap times by over 15 seconds over the 3 seasons while, working out the bugs and turning the car into a complete ans very reliable racecar
- Fully synthetic Royal Purple Racing Oil
I hope I covered everything. I think that the car has to be seen to see all the work that has been done. The car is 1685 lbs with 1/4 full fuel cell. It is very quick in the turns and under braking.

I also have an Aluminum trailer for the car. It is an 2014 Aluma trailer that fits the car perfectly. Bought brand new. It has a 5 year warranty. I am asking 2000$ if bought with the car or $2500 obo by itself. The new one costs 3000$ + tax& delivery (http://www.miskatrailers.com/trailer...?cid=35&id=308 ) , I just bought but decided to go in a different direction
for pix and contact info, please click tis link:

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=565290662

Please call with any questions

Last edited by MarkoPolo1; 02-08-2014 at 12:36 AM.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:50 AM

Re: 1982 VW GTI Race car for sale

Forgot to mention, there is a box of spares with the car including some body parts. I can deliver the car around the GTA
Old 02-14-2014, 07:06 PM

Sale pending
Old 02-26-2014, 08:03 AM

The car has been sold. Thank you for you interest.

Tags
rabbit, racecar, sprints/vintage, vw gti