CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > General Interest > Official Announcements

Old 04-10-2017, 02:23 PM

CASC Social Media

Good morning,

In assisting with overall grassroots motorsport promotion this year, I have been working closely with our Regional Autoslalom Director, OTA representatives, and Regional Race representatives in the creation of a greater social media presence. Please note the following accounts:

Instagram: @canadianautomobilesportsclub
Twitter: @CASC_OR

Through these accounts we hope to promote in real-time, as many CASC-OR events this year, to the general public. Starting with the Open House at JRP on April 1st, the resulting attendance has proven how something this simple can have positive effects on a promotional level.

I am asking each affiliated CASC club to please forward to me specific events to be promoted, along with one picture to represent the event (ie. track events, schools, autoslalom calendar or membership open house). Please PM me, and I will provide my email address. It will be immediately posted.

Please see the Instagram page for examples of what has already been promoted.

As for the Twitter account, it is intended to also serve as a real-time posting of results as regional events take place. I am seeking 2 social media reps from each division, who are going to be attending most events in their discipline. I will provide the account access, in order to work with timing officials as well.

Our goal, is to be able to increase participation in events either through attendees, grid numbers and/or affiliated club memberships. This should help keep motorsport alive, by showing how accessible it is, and how easy one can move through disciplines of interest. Grassroots-to-race and vice versa.

Let's have fun with this, and spread the word in our communites.
Ontario Time Attack #44 SGT3; Regional Autoslalom #12 STP
OMSC Treasurer