CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > General Interest > Motorsport News NON CASC-OR Sanctioned Events & Series

Old 03-03-2017, 10:38 AM

Sebring Trans Am

I'm sitting in Race Control ready for the Season-Opener Trans Am Race at Sebring International Raceway.

77 cars entered - 32 TA2; 45 TA, TA3 and TA4!!

Also here are the SVRA cars - the paddock is a pretty special place to walk through!

Sunny, temps have dropped a bit to mid 70's and we are ready to go racing!

Boogity! Boogity! Boogity!!
Old 03-09-2017, 07:48 AM

Sebring Trans Am

What a great start to the Trans Am Racing season this past weekend at Sebring International Raceway!!!
32 cars starting the TA2 race on Sunday morning! Great start and good hard racing until an incident in Turn 5 forced a Red Flag stoppage. The incredible work by the SIR Safety Team moved 6 damaged cars, fixed barrier and tire wall, and we got back to racing to finish under green!
The TA/TA3/TA4 race started 45 cars(!) and it went flag to flag for 28 laps! Incredible stuff to watch and to listen to!
The first 2017 event for the Series and a return to Trans Am for me after 15 years!! The Trans Am Series is racing at its best, I don't care what anyone says!!!
I remember in the 60's hanging on the fence outside Turn 1 at Mont-Tremblant watching Mark Donahue drive through and up over Turn 2 without lifting in the Penske Sunoco Camaro. Watching these cars racing this weekend brings that all back big time!!
Next one is the season-opener for the new 2017 Trans Am West Race Series program at Willow Springs, California. Yee friggin' haw!!!! Bring it on!!!