CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Sponsor Partners > Radical Canada

Old 06-05-2017, 11:16 AM

Radical Masters VIR

Tyson Dan and I went to the race this weekend. First time on the track and it was great! Nice warm weather too. Tyson and Dan got up to speed quickly and were competitive with Dan getting a podium and Tyson poll for second race.

I didnt get to pace until race 3 but by that time the lap times were dropping across the board so I couldn't catch up! Was in third for a bit but couldn't hang on and got pooched by the yellow flag. Great racing none the less with lots of place changes.

Fastest lap was a 1:51 flat which is pretty unbelievable as those of you who have raced there know.

Great facility over all. Definitely worth the trip.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:47 AM

Re: Radical Masters VIR

I started racing there over 16 years ago, took my very first driving school at VIR. Love the place. Wish I could have gone this weekend.

Since the new pavement and the track enhancements the times have gone done considerably. I think we were in the 1:57 range in the 13 hour race, so not surprising that sprint pace was that much quicker (talent, no Miatas to pass, ). My personal claim to fame at VIR was doing 1:59 in the dark last fall (and VIR is DARK - no lights anywhere - uphill esses flat out on guts and faith).

I saw that Tyson already posted a video. Very nice run.

Hope to see everyone at Calabogie in less than 2 weeks.

-Matt
Old 06-05-2017, 12:41 PM

Definitely looking forward to Calabogie. I see we run the short track config on Saturday which should be interesting.

Does anyone know if a noise restriction will be in effect for that weekend? Our loud pipes probably won't pass.

Tyson
Old 06-05-2017, 01:10 PM

Tyson,

There is always SOME noise restriction at Calabogie. There are measurements taken in the community throughout the weekend. It's higher than usual on a race weekend, but still not un-restricted.

I am planning to bring both the loud pipe (which I've acquired since WGI) and my regular muffler (which passes easily).

I'll bring extra mufflers that I have in case anyone gets in a bad way.

-Matt