CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > CASC-OR Divisions > Time Attack Specific Forum

Old 09-14-2017, 02:27 PM

Re: Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ujjwal View Post
What did Kyle change from 2016 SMP Long with a time of 126.660 to win 2017 SMP Long with a time of 124.253? What was his top speed?
I moved from Touring 2 in 2016, to Touring 1 in 2017. I lightened the car by a substantial amount, added a full cage, and have much better tires this year. It was also much cooler this year at Shannonville than previous years. My car doesn't do well on very hot days. Top speed from my AiM Solo was 154 km/h.
Time-Attack #29
1990 Toyota Celica GT-S

Last edited by k.beaty; 09-15-2017 at 07:53 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:47 PM

Quote:
As a fan of the series, it's tough to follow all that has happened. The lap times seem so quick that it seems odd this series doesn't get more social media attention.
This. This drives me nuts. I am going full tilt trying to promote the series over the winter and spring.

2017 was my first OTA season and I didn't even know about it until last year (only thing I knew was CSCS) when I met John P. and he told me about the series. In general, OTA's average talent is VERY high compared to any other series I'm aware of. I say TALENT because the cars that compete are mostly stock-ish compared to CSCS where EVERYONE is at least coilovers and up and have varying degrees of mods. OTA's classing system isn't perfect but its mostly agreeable and I wound up in a class that I agreed with. FYI: I'm full stock (except mandatory roll bar) 2004 S2000 and still had a great time and was competitive.

Quote:
Why did Mohamed after 4 events who was leading the series with 399.055 compared to second place Kyles of 396.153 change cars?
I believe at the end of event #4, his CRX suffered a mechanical failure but I don't know the exact scope of details.

Quote:
Yellow cars seem to always be fast, would be nice to see what they could do on proper tires next year.
I was not fast. Alex who won GT3 on the other hand... DAMN YOU ALESSANDROOOOOOO! :-P

Quote:
Will we get a Camaro 1LE in the series next year? How will the type R fare in this series, wish there was a youtube series capturing all the action on maybe top 8 people year round.
Type R will certainly cause some scrutiny on where it gets classed but hard to be accurate on first go without someone providing proper laps times and data from similar competition.

Cheers!

Kevin
Old 09-15-2017, 01:56 PM

Honda Civic Type R is in GT1 with a Performance Index of 76.4. With driver's weight and no mods it will be in GT2.

JohnP