CASC Ontario Region Message Forums  

Go Back   CASC Ontario Region Message Forums > General Interest > Extra Events (Lapping, Tech Sessions)

Old 07-09-2005, 09:43 PM

Lapping Shannonville Long Track July 14

Hey all,
I'm been trying to keep this low-profile until now but it's getting around by word of mouth anyway so I thought I'd post it.

I'm organizing a series of lapping events at Shannonville and possibly also the Mosport DDT in the future.

For now, I'm looking to fill an upcoming event on July 14th where I have the evening session booked for Shannonville's Long Track from 5:30-8:30pm.

Here's the criteria:
- No newbies. Previous tracking experience required. Sorry.
- Must be level-headed drivers with an eye for safe driving. No trains, no drifting, no unsafe passing, etc... Anyone driving recklessly or acting unsafe will be removed.
- These are safely-run events. I have even booked an ambulance and paramedics for the event.

These are fun events with as much track time as you, your tires or brakes can handle.
Well priced at $90 which is great for the Long Track (4.03 km)

Anyone wishing to attend, please email me at slick @ magma.ca or PM me your email address & I'll send you more info.

If you can't make this event but would like me to add your name to the notification list for any upcoming events, send me a PM and I'll add you to my distribution list. We're probably looking to book a lapping day or evening every few weeks and am currently looking at future dates.

Cheers,

Andre
Ottawa, Ontario
Old 07-12-2005, 03:17 PM

Re: Lapping Shannonville Long Track July 14

Just a heads up. Just a few days to go and I still have some spots open should anyone wish to join us.

Cheers,
Old 07-14-2005, 11:56 AM

Looks like our track event will not be filled to capacity and the weather looks like it will cooperate again for us.

If anyone wishes to join us tonight, we should have extra room for you provided you have previous track experience and fit "the profile" of the types of drivers we want.

Feel free to call me on my cell at 613-447-7870 if you'd like to come.

Cheers,

Andre C.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:47 AM

Well, so much for the weather cooperating It was like the Twilight Zone or something yesterday ... I got in late (about 7pm ... don't ask why ) and all along hwy 2 hydro poles were snapped in half, tree branches everywhere, no power at the Sunoco (so no gas), and about 3" of standing water all over the track, and not a soul in sight! Did a freakin' hurricane hit SMP or something? When did you guys leave the track?
8legs Racing, CCTCC #10
www.8legsRacing.com

http://www.macrocosm.on.ca/images/m3_sig.jpg
Old 07-15-2005, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotcH
Well, so much for the weather cooperating It was like the Twilight Zone or something yesterday ... I got in late (about 7pm ... don't ask why ) and all along hwy 2 hydro poles were snapped in half, tree branches everywhere, no power at the Sunoco (so no gas), and about 3" of standing water all over the track, and not a soul in sight! Did a freakin' hurricane hit SMP or something? When did you guys leave the track?
I was planning to go to this event but my car broke - again - and I'm starting to think I'm stuck in the Twilight Zone or the Bermuda Triangle is expanding... I've run the car for only 2 events so far this year despite having planned for 7 or 8 events. Track days or events either get cancelled or the car breaks just before the event... And now the #%$@%%@ weather...
CarGuy - Subaru BRZ #57

Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen
Old 07-15-2005, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotcH
When did you guys leave the track?
I passed you on the 401 around 6:30, called your cell phone to inform you we had canceled but you didn't answer. Andre was still at the track when I left and Greg, Greg and Chuck were somewhere behind me on the hiway.

Ongoing Miata project
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2320933
Old 07-15-2005, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGraves
I passed you on the 401 around 6:30, called your cell phone to inform you we had canceled but you didn't answer. Andre was still at the track when I left and Greg, Greg and Chuck were somewhere behind me on the hiway.
Oh well ... Only an extra 1/2hr. After my 5hr drive to SMP, that's not so bad! I left Kanata at 2:15pm, thinking I had plenty of time to get to SMP for 5pm. Well, about 30min into the drive, the van overheated. I lost a bunch of coolant, and had to stop every 30 min to wait for the temp to drop. Then about 30Kms from Kingston (I took the hwy 15), I blew a tire on the trailer. Had to take it off, drive to a shop in Kingston, get it replaced with some piece of crap from a junk pile, and drive it back. I was glad my car was still where I left it

Yup, yesterday pretty much sucked all around. I was really looking forward to the track, since I finally for some good brakes, more camber, and a temp gauge Guess we'll have to wait for the next one!
8legs Racing, CCTCC #10
www.8legsRacing.com

http://www.macrocosm.on.ca/images/m3_sig.jpg
Old 07-15-2005, 01:20 PM

Hey Guys,
Sorry about the lapping event getting cancelled.
It's unfortunate, but I guess we can't do anything about the weather. One of the hardest hit areas of that storm was Shannonville. When I left around 6:50pm (must've just missed you Arek), there was still lots of water on the track still draining off from the infield.

We're looking at Shannonville's schedule of available dates today and will post about future events in the next few days.

Thanks for the interest in the events and those who paid upfront already have been or will be refunded.

Cheers,