The Bob McCallum scholarship was established in 2019 and renewed for 2020 to provide financial assistance to new Motorsport competitors in the 2019 CASC-OR Championship competing in the F1200, F1600 or Formula Libra Championship series.
Bob was an exceptional professional and dedicated motorsport enthusiast. He was the longest standing President of the British Empire Motor Club (BEMC), Formula Ford competitor, car constructor and race official.
Bob was also an integral part of the CASC-OR Race Committee where he was appreciated for his analytical view. He was also seen at many CASC-OR race events working as a scrutineer, a role perfectly suited to his talents.
This scholarship was made possible by a generous anonymous contribution to CASC-OR with the requirements as follows:
The objectives are:
- To identify, encourage and foster new motorsport talent within Ontario Canada
- Give financial assistance to the scholarship recipient
Eligible drivers must:
- be aged under 23 as of January 01, 2020
- be a resident of Ontario Canada
- be eligible for a CASC-OR or ASN CANADA FIA Racing Competition License
- be able to show proof of success in motorsport / karting
- not have raced in a GT, Touring Car or Open wheel race car in the past
- demonstrated excellent academic achievement
Driver(s) selected for the Scholarship will be offered a financial contribution to his /her efforts in competing in a Ontario Region Championship series i.e F1200, F1600 Formula Libre.
The application form for the 2020 Bob McCallum Scholarship can now be downloaded from the CASC-OR website - look in the Forms area on the Road Racing page.