Ontario Time Attack is one of the most affordable forms of motorsports, with access to Ontario’s finest race tracks. Ontario Time Attack is a great place to enjoy the thrill of grassroots racing, with the safety of a sanctioned organization and professional track marshals. Push the limits of yourself and your vehicle against the clock.
Our season-long Championship Series is open to anyone, even on a single event basis.
To ensure the best season possible, we offer a Time Attack School at the beginning of the year to get drivers up to speed for the season and a second School to introduce you to Canada’s famous Canadian Tire Motorsports Park Mosport Grand Prix Track.
All events include:
- Generous lapping time
- A chance to ride or drive with experienced racers
- Certified instructors to help you practice and improve your driving skills
- Time AttackAdvantages of Ontario Time Attack
- Sanctioned by Canadian Automoble Sport Clubs-Ontario Region, CASC-OR.
- Insured through ASN Canada FIA
- Diverse group of competitors and vehicles, factory stock to race-prepped machines
- Great pool of experienced drivers to learn from and compete against
- Dedicated schools to teach performance driving and event related skills
- Certified instructors available at no cost to novices
- Experienced organizers, track clerks, professional marshals, and safety personnel
The only series in Ontario to offer an Overall Champion competition, in addition to individual Class Championships and Event Winners!
The series is a stepping stone to wheel-to-wheel racing.
What does it take to compete?
- Any car in good mechanical condition
- An approved helmet
- Membership in an affiliated CASC-OR club (about 30 to choose from!)
- A CASC-OR Class ‘TA’ Licence or higher
What is an Event like?
Ontario Time Attack events take place over a weekend, Saturday and Sunday. Each day is a separate event in the season Championship. Most events are capped at 65 entrants to ensure ample track time. To guarantee your spot, register now!
Arrival: Some competitors arrive on the Friday night preceding the Saturday event and camp at no cost at the track. Motorhomes are allowed but no power hookups are available. Washrooms and showers are available at most tracks.
The OTA Schedule is:
7:00 Arrive and car prep.
7:30 – 8:30 Registration and Scrutineering
8:40 Mandatory Driver Meeting (attendance taken)
9:00 – 12:00 Morning lapping (3 groups is typical)
12:00 – 12:40 Lunch – the track concessions are open
12:40 – 12:50 Mandatory driver meeting
13:00 – 17:00 Timed competition runs
17:00 Track closed
17:30 Wrap-up driver meeting and awards
17:30 Dinner (Sat only) buy tickets at morning registration.
If you are new to Time Attack, there are many helpful people at the track, just ask one of your fellow drivers and they will offer advice or direct you to another who can help.
Direct pre event questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you at the track.